Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a new amp so I would like to have some advice from some experienced players.

The main genre I'll be playing is rock.
I'd like to use it in combination with my Boss OS2 pedal.
I'll be playing shows for 300 people max.

For what I've read so far, is that a 30-50 watt tube combo amplifier, would serve me best.
Would a Laney VC30 - 212 be a good one for me?

I would really appreciate it if you'd give me a hand on this, because I really don't know that much about amplifiers.

Grtz
you could get a bugera combo that could easily do a small to medium gig
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Peavey Classic 30 is also well regarded. Plenty of options out there though.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
I think the Vox AC30VR would be worth a look. Your Boss OD pedal would probably push it quite nicely. I was seriously considering it before I acquired my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe from a family member. Speaking of Fender amps, you could try and find a new or used 2x12 or 4x10 Hot Rod Deville. They sound fantastic.
GEAR:
1987 Ibanez RG550 w/ DiMarzio PAF Pro and Bare Knuckle Aftermath
Fender Jaguar Classic Player Special HH
Ibanez RGT42 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez AEG10E Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe w/ Celestion Vintage 30
what's your budget?

i'd be wary of a 2x12 combo as that's going to be extremely heavy (as in weight/mass). plus that laney really could use a speaker upgrade and buying two speakers is reasonably expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No offence, but the OS2 is a pretty crappy pedal...you're best forgetting about that entirely when it comes to choosing an amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
How much money are you willing to spend?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's your budget?

i'd be wary of a 2x12 combo as that's going to be extremely heavy (as in weight/mass). plus that laney really could use a speaker upgrade and buying two speakers is reasonably expensive.

Budget's about 400-500 euro. Weight is not a problem, my fellow band members will be kind enough to give me a hand :p
Quote by steven seagull
No offence, but the OS2 is a pretty crappy pedal...you're best forgetting about that entirely when it comes to choosing an amp.

Yeah well, I bought it only recently and I don't want to dump it yet. And besides, I think it's not that bad
traynor ycv50b on thomann?

that's my suggestion for everything, lol, but it's pretty good value. just a shame you didn't think of it sooner, a while back it was about 100 euro cheaper.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well it depends. where are you playing? depending on the side of the PA you could use a 10 watt. it really depends.

if your going to be playing 300 people shows on the reg, you cannot be sure where you wil lbe playing you most poeple like to be prepared for a lot of things depending on thier playing style and music.

yes, in general, upwards of 50 watts of anything should cover you for almost any show as long as there is a decent sound guy and a decent PA.

what is your budget? thats the #1 limiting factor.
Jet City JCA5212RC
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
what kind.....of rock
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
get a used AC30
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well