Hey guys

So I've been looking for a small valve amp for a while now, and lately stumbled across the Laney VC15 110, so I was just interested if anyone has any info into how reliable this range of amps are, as I will likely have it for a while if I get it.

cheers in advance
Fender > Gibson

Who Said That?!
Can't fault the reliability of the Laneys I've had. Don't throw it down a flight of stairs and it'll be fine. Also, it's a tube amp, so the tubes will need to be swapped every couple years, depending on how much you use the amp.
Quote by TheQuailman
Don't throw it down a flight of stairs and it'll be fine.

There goes my saturday night plans

thanks dude, out of interest what Laney amps do you have/have you had?

Fender > Gibson

Who Said That?!
I had an LC15 for a while (same size, roughly same price as the VC15, so somewhat comparable). It was old and looked like it wasn't looked after much, but it worked fine.

Currently, I have a GH50L. There's not much to say about it. Sounds great, but is difficult to control volume-wise.

I've considered getting a VC30 or a Lionheart, but I don't really have the need at the moment.
I've had a VC15 for 3 or 4 years now, great amp. After that amount of time gigging it pretty frequently and using the amp a lot, the 'on' light has broken, but it still works well and I haven't even changed the tubes once (probably should, guess I could get the light thing fixed at the same time).

I'm sure the light thing isn't a general problem with the amp though, I probably did something stupid, it has had beer spilled on it, been knocked about, the usual stuff.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by TheQuailman
I had an LC15 for a while (same size, roughly same price as the VC15, so somewhat comparable). It was old and looked like it wasn't looked after much, but it worked fine.

Currently, I have a GH50L. There's not much to say about it. Sounds great, but is difficult to control volume-wise.

I've considered getting a VC30 or a Lionheart, but I don't really have the need at the moment.

Thanks
I have looked at the LC15, but my local guitar store has the VC for an incredible price, so I'm considering that a lot

Fender > Gibson

Who Said That?!
how much?

i like laneys (and have a gh50l) but I'm not sure i'd buy one at current prices. the prices have gone up (in the UK, anyway, and probably europe too) by about 50% in the last year or two.

for example, at one point (not *that* long ago) you could pick up a vc15 for £220 and a vc30 for £300. brand new. now the vc15 is well over £300 and the 30 well over £400.

at those kind of prices, there are very likely better options, if you ask me. of course, depending on what price you're getting one for, it may still be worth it (i got a deal on my gh50l which took it back to the old prices, which is fair enough).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

for example, at one point (not *that* long ago) you could pick up a vc15 for £220 and a vc30 for £300. brand new. now the vc15 is well over £300 and the 30 well over £400.

Well the reason I'm interested is that one of my local guitar stores has it for £250, not sure if its new or used but still a good price, and it did seem new when I looked it over.

I probably wouldn't get a new one. As you say, for the RRP of the amp, there are better options
Fender > Gibson

Who Said That?!
fair enough.

obviously if it's used that's a less good price
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?