Hey UG! I know these things exist, and I know in terms of practical application they're pretty awful, but can anyone recommend one for Mac? Preferably free, there's only one song I need to convert so a trial version will do, so long as the MIDI file can be saved. I've tried WIDI which does exactly the job I want, but I can only save 10 seconds of the MIDI file with the trial version, which is useless. I don't really want to have to buy a program for the sake of one song, especially when the program isn't that good. But yeah, on this occasion it really doesn't matter that the output is awful, and attempts to merge every instrument including drums to piano. I just need to be able to pick certain notes out of it, so converting the file to MIDI then importing it into Guitar Pro is all I need to do. I don't need telling that the results are terrible, I know, but I'd still like some recommendations, if anyone's willing to help.

Cheers in advance
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
That sounds like it'd be incredibly difficult to do. How is it supposed to distinguish the different sounds from each other? The results would indeed be shit. I think I've tried it before though
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
if you know the results are going to be shit, why bother?

Because I can improve them manually, I just need the basic outline to start with.

It can't distinguish sounds from each other, everything gets put onto one crazy looking MIDI track, which I can then split up manually. Usually it just sounds like someone going crazy with a freeform jazz piano version of the original song, haha.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by TJ1991
Because I can improve them manually, I just need the basic outline to start with.

It can't distinguish sounds from each other, everything gets put onto one crazy looking MIDI track, which I can then split up manually. Usually it just sounds like someone going crazy with a freeform jazz piano version of the original song, haha.

Yes, I've definitely heard that before. I'm not sure if I used Widisoft. I don't recall there being a 10 second limit, maybe I torrented it.