When you're playing chords of a guitar normally and you play a chord then quickly switch to another chord and then continue playing at normal speed again, what is that quick change called?
A mistake?
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
A chord change?
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
It's called a fandango.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by XSamX

MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by porage
When you're playing chords of a guitar normally and you play a chord then quickly switch to another chord and then continue playing at normal speed again, what is that quick change called?
What could we call it that would make you happy....?
Quote by porage

Like a grace note?
Quote by GuitarMunky
Like a grace note?

+1 that's what i was thinking
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm going to give it a name - "possible chordal acciacatura".

Now that I've ended this madness, a mod should close this thread.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
It's called a porage.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by GuitarMunky
Like a grace note?

+1winnings
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by Woffelz
I'm going to give it a name - "possible chordal acciacatura".

Now that I've ended this madness, a mod should close this thread.
Why do some members always seem to want silly threads like this closed?

First, they seem to get the most traction.

Second, it seems like the others are having fun.

Third, there's no flaming going on.

Fourth, who knows, maybe there is a specific name for it. An excuse has been found to give a name in Italian to every other facet in music. Although I don't know if that extends to the modern era. (IE, how do you say, "sweep picking" in Italian)?

Rather than coming in and "saving the day" for us, I'm going to suggest another solution, based on this observation. If you simply don't post to a thread, then it is in fact, closed to you....
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 15, 2012,
Quote by Captaincranky
Although I don't know if that extends to the modern era. (IE, how do you say, "sweep picking" in Italian)?

wasn't paganini doing the violin equivalent of sweep picking in the 1800s?

but i agree with your basic premise. i don't see the need to close a thread unless rules are being broken. and even then, if it's funny enough, it should maybe qualify for an exemption
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 15, 2012,
First thing I thought of was a grace note, but he might just mean changing the value of the note for a strum, and then back, such as strumming eighth notes, then going to a sixteenth for the first chord of the change, then back to eighth notes for the rest of that chord.
Quote by Captaincranky
(IE, how do you say, "sweep picking" in Italian)?

Arpeggio?

As for the point of the thread - I'm personally finding it amusing so it stays open. If you boil it down to basics it's just another one of those hybrid technique/theory questions. Of course an issue is raised that when the answer is found out (or not found out) it's effect is nothing. In these threads (or many other threads) the TS doesn't seem to reply/come back so I'll just leave it to the forum to see where it goes.

Oh and that "mistake" answer, that was awesome. Top points.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I said it first

You gave him a +1....

I gave him one winnings

Quote by liampje
Quote by Captaincranky
Fourth, who knows, maybe there is a specific name for it. An excuse has been found to give a name in Italian to every other facet in music. Although I don't know if that extends to the modern era. (IE, how do you say, "sweep picking" in Italian)?

Some nob cheese in the GT forum argued that sweep picking was a form of legato.
Quote by Dave_Mc
wasn't paganini doing the violin equivalent of sweep picking in the 1800s?

but i agree with your basic premise. i don't see the need to close a thread unless rules are being broken. and even then, if it's funny enough, it should maybe qualify for an exemption

Hell, there was violin 'sweeping' even long before that!
TS...take no heed of these folk...they are the types who would sticky tape bread crumbs to a window and watch birds batter themselves to death....

Unless you've worded it poorly.... to me it sounds like a chord change....
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by 91RG350
TS...take no heed of these folk...they are the types who would sticky tape bread crumbs to a window and watch birds batter themselves to death....
Yeah right, like you wouldn't.....

Quote by 91RG350
Unless you've worded it poorly.... to me it sounds like a chord change....
Would you mind translating that into Italian for us?

Even at that, you haven't touched on the fact it might be something different if you do it real, real fast.....

Maybe something like "cambio de chordo accelerando".......
Quote by mdc
Some nob cheese in the GT forum argued that sweep picking was a form of legato.

that forum depresses me greatly

i remember a long time ago in there i said it would benefit someone to learn to read sheet music and i was bombarded with hate
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
that forum depresses me greatly

i remember a long time ago in there i said it would benefit someone to learn to read sheet music and i was bombarded with hate

awwww...... *hugs*

Quote by liampje
Quote by Vlasco
Hell, there was violin 'sweeping' even long before that!

yeah probably
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Captaincranky
Yeah right, like you wouldn't.....

Actually, I sticky tape a thumb tack to the window and put a bread crumb on the pointy end of it. I was inferring that all of you are soft. Yes you, dear reader. Especially you.

Quote by Captaincranky

Even at that, you haven't touched on the fact it might be something different if you do it real, real fast.....

Well.... the only thing Ive got for an uber quick chord change is "blurry sausages"... which translates to "Confuso Salame"....?
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by 91RG350

Well.... the only thing Ive got for an uber quick chord change is "blurry sausages"... which translates to "Confuso Salame"....?

Il cambiamento di corda veloce.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Captaincranky
Why do some members always seem to want silly threads like this closed?

First, they seem to get the most traction.

Second, it seems like the others are having fun.

Third, there's no flaming going on.

Rather than coming in and "saving the day" for us, I'm going to suggest another solution, based on this observation. If you simply don't post to a thread, then it is in fact, closed to you....

I was joking.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
If it were a chord, I'd say that it's called a "quick change". If it were a note, going to another note, I'd say playing fast from one note to the next. Quickly. If it were a hint of a note a split second before another note, with the emphasis on the 2nd note as the "arrival" pitch, I'd say grace note, or ghost note.

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Jan 17, 2012,