Can someone recommend me a 7 string pickup combo for my Ibanez AX7221? For the bridge I was looking for a pickup that has lots of clarity for that progressive/djent kind of stuff. I play a little bit of everything from like August Burns Red, I The Breather, Haunted Shores etc. And for the bridge something thats really smooth and clear for the same kind of progressive djent kind of genre. thanks.
under 100 for each pickup, i can order pretty much from anywhere except overseas so BKs are pretty much out of the question
Not at all the amp I would use for that, but that's another topic...

D-Activator 7's or Crunch Lab 7/D Activator 7 or Liquifire 7.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
DiMarzio D-Sonic/Liquifire.

I say the D-Sonic because I personally don't like the Crunch Lab. But it is very popular for djent, so just give them both a listen and decide for yourself.

You could also go with a Seymour Duncan Custom/59.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
There's no way you're getting a prog metal/djent-y tone out of the JCA20. Swapping your pickups won't help you getthere with that amp.
Set of Bareknuckle Aftermaths

Although I would highly recommend getting a new amp first.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
even boosted the JCA20 is only just going to get there for what you want, and it isnt voiced at all for what you want. i'd recommend getting a new amp first, then if you're still unhappy swap out the pickups. Crunch Lab/Liquifire is the best all round combo if you cant go down the route of BKPs
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
New amp first guy!
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean