Page 1 of 2
Honestly he could not play a fast sweep to save his life, truly the most overrated guitarist from a technical perspective of ALL TIME!
Herpaderp.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
He's not so much known for technical guitar playing. You should look at his creativity and unique guitar riffs. Surely he is somewhat overrated. But then again there far worse. Such as Slash.
I'm a Led Zep fanboy just trying to hide my rage right now.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
yeah man fast sweepz are all teh skillz, look at synester gates he's teh best of all.

"Good" is subjective, you ****ing troll.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
OH DAMN!!! THIS IS GONNA GET INSAAANE FO' REALS THO!!! Say WHAT 'bout Jimmy Page? BETTA GET YO CANNON OUT, SON!

On a legitimate note, what's 'good' in music is 100% subjective. You can measure technical skill, sure, but that's not all there is to music. At all.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
He was the modern Robert Johnson in his day.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by UltimateGuitark
Honestly he could not play a fast sweep to save his life, truly the most overrated guitarist from a technical perspective of ALL TIME!

Post a cover of Dazed and Confused, and then we'll talk.

4/5
Quote by UltimateGuitark

Try shooting heroin in your arm everyday and then go play some fast sweep picking live, chances are you will be pretty sloppy too.
Quote by francesco18
Try shooting heroin in your arm everyday and then go play some fast sweep picking live, chances are you will be pretty sloppy too.

Not doing a whole lot to counterpoint the man's argument there, pal.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Hey Dave Mustaine used to shoot heroin into his arms and he can play pretty good!

I know you're just trolling. If you are I guess you never heard Heartbreaker before.
thread hasnt been closed yet?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by strat0blaster

You can measure technical skill, sure, but that's not all there is to music. At all.

which is why he specified the technical aspect of it.
I try to stay away from playing Jimmy Page stuff because i'm more of a neo classical/ awesome techinal metal kind of guy.
Quote by Bubbles516
Hey Dave Mustaine used to shoot heroin into his arms and he can play pretty good!

I know you're just trolling. If you are I guess you never heard Heartbreaker before.

That's seriously not that technically fast or proficient. Go listen to some of John Petrucci's sweeps, or even Yngwie's, so much faster and cleaner.
Quote by UltimateGuitark

if thats all you can account talent for, then you have missed the point of music regardless of instrumentation. Besides who are you to comment of technique? Im betting the masters of classical and flamenco styles blow the artists you admire out of the water.

Its quite apperent that you have not listened to enough zeppelin to make a coherent judgment, for the guy is very inventive. I especially admire their accoustic works he sure had a special touch in the studio wether it was the guitar or mandolin. For the time he sure did a whole deal in advancing riff driven style that metal is know for, so know your roots.
Quote by Baconator1228
You're a load your mom should have swallowed.

Surely you meant spit out, didn't you?

Quote by UltimateGuitark
Out of the goodness of my heart, I did some shopping for you.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dunlop-heil-talk-box/151230000000000

A talk box would enable you to play your guitar, run your mouth, and troll all at once.

Who knows, if you get good enough with it, maybe you could use it to show Jimmy Page up, when he invites you to his castle to play for him......
Quote by UltimateGuitark
That's seriously not that technically fast or proficient. Go listen to some of John Petrucci's sweeps, or even Yngwie's, so much faster and cleaner.

you do realize you are comparing a band from the 60's to stuff from the 80's right?

a song from zeppelins second album in 1969 and dream theater whos first album was in 1989... yngwie with alcatraz in 83...

listen to black sabbaths first in 1970, what is the fastest song? compare that to the works from 1975 from sabotage, like symptom of the universe or you wont change me... see how much a guitarists speed and technique caan develop in 5 years?

now take that all into account and imagine the colective progress of a multitude of guitarists over the world currently pushing the boundaries and evolving the instrument as a whole.

in 1965 when clapton left the yardbirds, he suggested page but he was making so much money as a session player he refused. refused a band who were at the top of their career and a well known name.
jimmy page was making a name for him self 20-30 years before the guys you mentioned, do you realize how much things change? you havent even been alive for that long how much has the world changed since you were little? how can you even compare such technique with such a huge time gap?

its obvious this guys a troll as you can see he joined today, but is that an excuse for not trying to have a constructive argument guys? Not all things have to be good to provide progress, just insinuation alone can trigger you to dig in deep and collect your thoughs. so why give this guy the pleasure of screaming at him while we can educate one another?
Last edited by silver_haze at Jan 15, 2012,
Quote by silver_haze
you do realize you are comparing a band from the 60's to stuff from the 80's right?

a song from zeppelins second album in 1969 and dream theater whos first album was in 1989... yngwie with alcatraz in 83...

listen to black sabbaths first in 1970, what is the fastest song? compare that to the works from 1975 from sabotage, like symptom of the universe or you wont change me... see how much a guitarists speed and technique caan develop in 5 years?

now take that all into account and imagine the colective progress of a multitude of guitarists over the world currently pushing the boundaries and evolving the instrument as a whole.

in 1965 when clapton left the yardbirds, he suggested page but he was making so much money as a session player he refused. refused a band who were at the top of their career and a well known name.
jimmy page was making a name for him self 20-30 years before the guys you mentioned, do you realize how much things change? you havent even been alive for that long how much has the world changed since you were little? how can you even compare such technique with such a huge time gap?

its obvious this guys a troll as you can see he joined today, but is that an excuse for not trying to have a constructive argument guys? Not all things have to be good to provide progress, just insinuation alone can trigger you to dig in deep and collect your thoughs. so why give this guy the pleasure of screaming at him while we can educate one another?

Im sure 20 years of different "births" makes no difference in how well people play guitar lol. And Tony Iommi is quite poor as well, he's way too slow.
I'd listen to Tony Iommi over Yngwie, Cooley, Petrucci etc any day.

Music is subjective. Stop being jealous and do something productive.
David Gilmour is worse.

All he does is lame pentatonic runs.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
The first law of the universe, unalterable and incapable of misinterpretation - the one and only great truth is:

LED ZEP RULES!!

Now go away you silly little heathen before thou is smoted for thy insolence.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 15, 2012,
Quote by greeny23
was kimmy page the black guy or the jewish guy?

He was actually a monk in his earlier years

Noob.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
David Gilmour is worse.

All he does is lame pentatonic runs.

Sometimes just keeping it simple is best.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Eppicurt
He was actually a monk in his earlier years

Noob.

?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by stealstrings
Sometimes just keeping it simple is best.

Simple playing styles are for people who are just beginning. If you can't sweep after a few years of playing then you shouldn't be famous.

Quote by greeny23

?

He hasn't aged very well at all.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
By your logic, Michael Angelo is the only good guitarist out there.

Petrucci can sweep, but he can't sweep with his hand over the neck, so that rules him out for you, he's shit.

Gilbert can sweep, but he can't sweep on two necks simultaneously, so that rules him out for you, he's shit.

Basically that's nearly everyone that's shit isn't it. So enjoy listening to Michael Angelo cd's, don't complain if you're bored after the second song because he can't write for shit.
You all just lost the game.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by guyver_dio
By your logic, Michael Angelo is the only good guitarist out there.

Petrucci can sweep, but he can't sweep with his hand over the neck, so that rules him out for you, he's shit.

Gilbert can sweep, but he can't sweep on two necks simultaneously, so that rules him out for you, he's shit.

Basically that's nearly everyone that's shit isn't it. So enjoy listening to Michael Angelo cd's, don't complain if you're bored after the second song because he can't write for shit.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Problem?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Page 1 of 2