Alright guys so I'm looking to upsize the amount of string I use to a 7. The problem is I really don't know what my options are I'm willing to spend around $1800 australian on one, a little more if its really worth it. I was just wondering if you guys could just throw some models at me.
I recommend Schecter. I have Hellraiser and I absolutely love it. There´s also c-7,blackjack and many other models. But it´s really up to you.
I've got a Schecter C-7 Blackjack ATX (with Seymour Duncan Blackouts), and it plays nicely. Really high output pickups though, if that's not your thing.
Look into Agile guitars. They're cheap and more than decent and I'm pretty sure if you contact them thru their website, they can send em down under.

BTW, if you're gonna spend 1800 bucks on a 7-string, instead of going for Schecters in stores, look around eBay for an Ibanez Universe. Infact, theres one there right now for under 1800 including shipping, from Singapore. Universe is by far the best 7 string I've played, Schecters don't even touch it.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Ibanez and Schecter have great 7-string models that you might want to look into, and there's quite a big difference between the guitars they offer. Ibanez guitars generally have slimmer necks and Dimarzio pickups, while Schecter's models have bigger necks and EMG or Seymour Duncan pickups. There's also the issue of whether you prefer having a fixed bridge or a floating. Anyway, check this out http://www.schecterguitars.com/International/Products/Guitar/C-7-Custom.aspx
Quote by MonsterOfRock
Look into Agile guitars. They're cheap and more than decent and I'm pretty sure if you contact them thru their website, they can send em down under.

BTW, if you're gonna spend 1800 bucks on a 7-string, instead of going for Schecters in stores, look around eBay for an Ibanez Universe. Infact, theres one there right now for under 1800 including shipping, from Singapore. Universe is by far the best 7 string I've played, Schecters don't even touch it.

It's $1800 Australian dollars, man. I don't think you can even get an RG1527 for that much.
^ My RG1527 was about $1500AU new.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by Pac_man0123
It's $1800 Australian dollars, man. I don't think you can even get an RG1527 for that much.

Good on you for understanding how much stuff costs down under here.
The RRP for a 1527 is about $2000 here, I think. But as Wolverine says, you can get them for 1500$ new depending where you look.

I'd recommend looking for a RG7421/7621/7620.
The 7620 is the predecessor to the 1527. You should be able to find a used one for a very decent price. Great guitars, and great necks too. You'll only need a pickup switch with these though.
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Wait for the new LTD AW-7! it has Passive DiMarzio's and looks amazing. http://www.guitarnoize.com/namm-2012-esp-whitechapel-signature-guitars/

Or wait for the new Schecter Blackjack SLS guitars because they come with the option of active or passive pickups

EDIT: I have no clue about the price of these guitars so they may cost a bit more then your limit
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Last edited by Rob Rock at Jan 15, 2012,