Hey guys,

I've come down to these two guitars. Which would be the best for me? I have no chance to try them out, so just need opinions really. And if so, I can always send it back!

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/guitars/martin-000x1ae-electro-acoustic-guitar-natural

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/guitars/martin-dx1ae-dreadnaught-electro-acoustic-natural
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
Personally I would settle on the 000, my acoustic is a dreadnaughts and they are huge bodied guitars that are kind of uncomfortable to play. Not to say they are bad, they have an amazing tone but when it comes down to it anything that doesn't sit nicely can effect you're playing quite a bit.
it REALLY depends on you. some people love the deeper sound of a dread, and the larger body. me, i prefer the slightly less boomy but still full sized tone of the 000. i consider the 000 to be more of a swiss army knife guitar, and slightly more comfortable, too.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I way prefer smaller bodies (I play classical guitar though); I'm pretty big and honestly would have no idea what to do with a dreadnought if I got one.
The dreadnaught size guitar is enormously popular. They tend to have a strong bass, and that fits with the original intended purpose; that of providing the rhythm section for early string-band music.
The bass notes had to cut through all those fiddles and banjos and mandolins so that the ensemble could keep time.
Lots of folks like that bass-rich sound even when the instrument is played solo.

However, lots of musicians, especially fingerstyle players, find the bass overpowering, and prefer a more "balanced" tone such as many of the smaller-bodied instruments provide.

It's mostly taste; many fine fingerpickers use dreads, and more than a few fine flatpickers use smaller-bodied instruments.

Then there's personal comfort. Many players who are smaller, or who are older and have shoulder or other joint problems (like myself) prefer a smaller guitar for comfort.
I play mainly punk, rock, and indie stuff.. Charlie Simpson, Levellers, Good Charlotte, stuff like that. Which would you recommend then?
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
Quote by Bikewer
The dreadnaught size guitar is enormously popular. They tend to have a strong bass, and that fits with the original intended purpose; that of providing the rhythm section for early string-band music.
The bass notes had to cut through all those fiddles and banjos and mandolins so that the ensemble could keep time.
Lots of folks like that bass-rich sound even when the instrument is played solo.

However, lots of musicians, especially fingerstyle players, find the bass overpowering, and prefer a more "balanced" tone such as many of the smaller-bodied instruments provide.

It's mostly taste; many fine fingerpickers use dreads, and more than a few fine flatpickers use smaller-bodied instruments.

Then there's personal comfort. Many players who are smaller, or who are older and have shoulder or other joint problems (like myself) prefer a smaller guitar for comfort.

I don't really play fingerstyle, more of a strummer!
Farida D32E
Walden D522 12 String

Levellers <3
If you prefer strumming then the Dreadnaught is probably going to give you what you want tone wise, you may not be able to play these exact models but you should be able to find similar body shapes/size at a local guitar shop.

So take a stroll down when you have time and check out the difference yourself, it's really the best option for trying to deiced between types of guitar.
I agree...you're probable going to be doing more aggressive strumming so subtle nuances of tone are not as important.
I agree with several posters above -- I like smaller guitars for fingerstyle and comfort, but if you enjoy aggressive strumming, the dread may be the shape for you.