Poll: Friends with benefits - acceptable?
Poll Options
View poll results: Friends with benefits - acceptable?
Yes
74 95%
No
4 5%
Voters: 78.
I tried searching, but found nothing.

The concept of friends with benefits is basically having sex with a friend, or a person who you are not in a romantic relationship with. Obviously this requires you being single, otherwise it would automatically be quite unacceptable.

Why would people do this? The answer is quite simple. Sex is fun and feels good. I don't think this was surprising to anyone.
Why wouldn't people accept this? Some people might find this quite unrespectable.

I would like to hear what The Pit thinks about this concept. Is it right or wrong? And most importantly, why?

Discuss & vote.
if its mila kunis, then yes.
but otherwise, with the large presence religion has in our society, there will always be people who 'look down' at casual sex. i'm all for the fun aspect i just chose to do it with the person i love
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Who cares?

If it feels right for them they should do it, the threads people open nowadays my god...
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I vote YES. I don't see anything wrong with the mentioned concept, if two people decide to have fun together, let them. Then again I'm an atheist and lover of life. I think as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else it's all good.
religion has no presence in society lol friends with benefits shouldn't be looked down upon as very few girls are worth anything or respect themselves these days.
I don't care... if it works for you do it.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Why wouldn't it acceptable?

Hey guys, is breathing acceptable?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Why wouldn't it acceptable?

Hey guys, is breathing acceptable?

Religious people might look down on it, better start a thread about it!
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Religious people might look down on it, better start a thread about it!

Better kick up yet another masturbation thread.

I don't see anything wrong with it.
Quote by Hephistopheles
Better kick up yet another masturbation thread.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Masturbation thread? Where?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Sure I voted 'yes', as it's simply cool

BUT in the long run, it's not a good idea.
Generally, girls before they reach age of 30-40 years (depends), are absolutely, insanely immature, yet have quite high gas for sexual activity, but don't show it easily. Also, they are more likely to cheat emotionally. So, when You combine it, there is a reason for friends with benefits to be acceptable to girls. They can f.uck, have someone to listen to their pseudointellectual emotional problems, and at the same time dream of being with that hot guy they never talked.

On the other side, men need to relate to someone. Sure, men are likely to cheat physically, because of our testosterone level, but still after soo many girls we need THAT one.

just my 0.02$
Nothing wrong with it. In fact, that's how my last relationship started. It was amazing, and then we became a couple, which was even more amazing.
The very idea of a romantic relationship makes me sick in my stomach right now, so I'll have to say yes, of ****ing course.
Yes.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Yes, it is acceptable, but remember, you are walking in a mine field when you do this.

Just because you have no romantic involvement now, doesn't mean you won't wind up with one.

Just because you think it's casual, doesn't mean they do.

Just because it is casual doesn't mean that you will not be hurt badly when they start dating someone else and vice versa.
If it's safe and everybody involved knows the situation then it's cool.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
If you want to do it, and it's not going to harm either of you emotionally and you don't end up having a kid then whatever floats your boat. It ain't for me, but it's not my place to say anything either.
Of course it's f*cking acceptable. Are you retarded TS?
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Surely you can see why some people wouldn't want a fwb. It screws up a lot of friendships. From another viewpoint, too much of anything is bad.

“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
It was an acceptable movie I guess

The look, thanks to director of photography Michael Grady, and the conversations on sex and commitment are open and open-ended. Important issues about the inherent clash between changing mores and traditional values get noodled over a bit. The sex talk is graphic, the sex itself is explicit and energetic, and Jamie and Dylan have a kind of sweetness that makes you want to root for them. Ironically, the problem is that Friends With Benefits doesn't go far enough when it gets to the substantial stuff. As Freud famously said — even romantic comedies need to take their sex seriously or there will be no satisfaction.