I am living in a college dorm in London, England. I don't have a guitar here but I do want to get one. I am ok getting a used guitar. I play lots of melodic stuff (Johnny Marr, U2, etc.) and also lead stuff (David Gilmour, Slash, etc.). My first guitar did not have a tremelo bar on it, so i want to get something that has that. Also, I like the idea of a semi accoustic hollow body guitar because you can play it unplugged and it would still sound good. My price range is anywhere around or below 300 GBP or $500 USD.

I went to Denmark street in London, but the prices there are so expensive that I feel I may be better off getting it from gumtree or online somewhere.

So any suggestions for what I'm looking for?

Thanks
Used Mexican strat or tele. Got a Korean Tele second hand for £350 recently and I love it
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
definitely a strat with HSS.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Fender modern player thinline telecaster. It's a semi hollowbody and will play everything you said really well. But if you were willing to give up on a semi hollowbody, a used MIM Strat would do slightly better
Mexican strat sounds good. Or, if you like, you could look around for an older Japanese fender stratocaster. They were some sweet guitars.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone Riviera, I belive it has a bigsby. 3 P-90 songle coils and it is a semi hollow like the Sheriton
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by bonoz

Those are all nice guitars, Italia guitars are kinda pricy in the USA. I don't know if the pickups in any of those guitars would really fit what you want to do with them. Maybe look at an Epiphone DOT/Sheraton
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Mexican Strat with three single coils bitchin'
Guitars:

Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster

Epiphone Les Paul 100

Amplifier:

Marshall AVT 100

Effects:

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

EHX Big Muff Pi
Denmark Street, it's in the middle.

Gig Sounds, that's to the south, Cash Converters. Seem to be everywhere, and of course, if you don't mind if it plays or not and want a fixer-upper... eBay.
I wanna get a guitar here in the UK that I won't be able to get in the USA. Kinda want to get something specific to UK/Europe like a memento here to back to America.
I was going to suggest an Ibanez Artcore until that last post...and then I was going to suggest Burns, but they don't make a semi-hollow, AFAIK. And Brian May and Rickenbackers are easily available in the USA.

Try looking into the list of makers on this site- all UK guitar makers.

http://www.jacaranda-music.com/UKGuitars.html

Now, I don't know most of those brands, but SOMEBODY on that list has to have something that meets your specs.

For instance, I just clicked a link and found this: http://www.patrickeggleguitars.com/vienna.html

Which looks nice, but I have no idea as to price.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by treborillusion
I glanced at the title of this thread and thought you were asking for donations.

Haha. You're free to help me if you want.