Just wanted to get to grips with what is the best recording device out there.Im looking for a decent budget one,as im not a gigging musician but id just like to lay some tracks down.At the moment im using Audacity software with a mono cable from my Vypyr 30 to the speakers on the computer,but it just sounds crap.Im not looking to spend the earth,but want somethin half decent.Im in the UK so any help fom there would be great.

Thanks

Lee
You'll either need an interface to connect to your computer properly, or a multitracker to take your computer out of the process altogether.

What is your budget?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Line 6 tone port, POD HD300/desktop, are worth a look
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Behringer do some ok budget Audio Interfaces.

I'd look at getting a decent microphone too as it will make a large difference to the tone you'll get recorded. Look at Shure SM-57, it's the industry standard for recording guitar amps and you can pick one up for £80 new.
Check out my fitness blog here
I use an M-audio fast track....its pretty decent.....no latency and shud be enuf for tracking
Line 6 UX1. Comes with POD Farm software should you ever get tired of the Vypyr. Also I'd suggest ditching Audacity ASAP and downloading Reaper. Will do the job 10x better than Audacity.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Twistedrock
Line 6 UX1. Comes with POD Farm software should you ever get tired of the Vypyr. Also I'd suggest ditching Audacity ASAP and downloading Reaper. Will do the job 10x better than Audacity.

Yeah a Line 6 device and Reaper is the best combination I've found.

Also, hi from Southsea Twistedrock!!!!
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by leony03
Yeah a Line 6 device and Reaper is the best combination I've found.

Also, hi from Southsea Twistedrock!!!!

Woooh! A fellow Portsmouth-er :P Although I dunno if I qualify, I live in Leigh Park
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Twistedrock
Woooh! A fellow Portsmouth-er :P Although I dunno if I qualify, I live in Leigh Park

Haha close enough :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
yea i use a pod hd400 and reaper, great and inexpensive
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Until you give us a budget, we can't really help you. Everyone can just yell out the interface that they use, but that doesn't mean it's the best for what you want, in your price range.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You'll need more than that tbh. A UX1 or UX2 will be your best bet. It's handy to have the XLR input(s) should you need to ever mic anything up.
Quote by Cathbard

depends on how much inputs you want... Just for laying down some tracks yourself probably a Focusrite saffire product
Quote by Poisonouspot
depends on how much inputs you want... Just for laying down some tracks yourself probably a Focusrite saffire product

Finally, a good suggestion.

Disregard anything about Line 6 or M-Audio. The Focusrite Saffires or Focusrite Scarlette interfaces are probably the best budget interfaces out there
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp