So I've been asked by a friend to write something for her school about a vacation, and I've no clue where to start.

What I loathe about this though is that the instructions she gave me were so damn vague: Something about a vacation, not too long, not too short, figure it out.

I can't even remember the last time I was on a vacation, and I can't remember the last time I was in school.

Ideas pit? At least on where I should start?

Words by the way, as in a story.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jan 15, 2012,
Why are you writing this for someone else?
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by thePTOD
Why are you writing this for someone else?

I thought I'd enjoy a challenge cause I haven't slept since yesterday afternoon.

Keep 'em coming guys, I like the beach idea but does a 30 minute drive count as vacation?
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I thought I'd enjoy a challenge cause I haven't slept since yesterday afternoon.

Keep 'em coming guys, I like the beach idea but does a 30 minute drive count as vacation?

Are we talking about written word or writing music?
Quote by rock.freak667
You went to the beach.
There, you met a beautiful girl. She's the same age as you and has a few things in common with you. It's too bad she puts you in the friendzone. After a while she starts using you to do her homework for her.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Words. I'll edit that into the OP.

Ah okay. Well that blows my ideas out of the water.

How about: Once upon a time I was at a beach in Antigua. I don't exactly remember how I got there but I know that the sun was warm and the sand was golden. Water lapped at my feet as I soaked up the heat into myself.

I walked to the promenade and sat down outside the first cafe there, conveniently named "Start". I sipped at my coffee until it was cool enough to take a mouthful. Upon gulping a young man who looked weathered beyond his age perched himself next to me. He whispered something but I didn't hear. I asked him to speak up and he said,
"Do you remember how you got here?"

"Well quite, I got here by..."
The memory had left me. I stared at him confused for a few seconds until he told me
"This isn't really Antigua. You are dreaming. In fact you are asleep on a sun lounger in Barbados"

CARIBINCEPTION!
Quote by willT08
Ah okay. Well that blows my ideas out of the water.

How about: Once upon a time I was at a beach in Antigua. I don't exactly remember how I got there but I know that the sun was warm and the sand was golden. Water lapped at my feet as I soaked up the heat into myself.

I walked to the promenade and sat down outside the first cafe there, conveniently named "Start". I sipped at my coffee until it was cool enough to take a mouthful. Upon gulping a young man who looked weathered beyond his age perched himself next to me. He whispered something but I didn't hear. I asked him to speak up and he said,
"Do you remember how you got here?"

"Well quite, I got here by..."
The memory had left me. I stared at him confused for a few seconds until he told me
"This isn't really Antigua. You are dreaming. In fact you are asleep on a sun lounger in Barbados"

CARIBINCEPTION!

Do I look like I'm M. Night Shayamamama?

So your doing this girls homework for her because you want a challenge...So you come to the pit and then ask for us to then do it for you. This...Yeah, I think I'm done here.
Quote by Blackholesun00
You're still putting sex in it, right?

No, but there's shit loads of euphemisms already. That alright?

Quote by true_bacon22
So your doing this girls homework for her because you want a challenge...So you come to the pit and then ask for us to then do it for you. This...Yeah, I think I'm done here.

She's my older sister's friend and I'm the only English speaker she knows, I didn't want to look like a dick. Since I know the pit, I'll say this now: I'm not doing this to sleep with her, I'm doing this because I'm the pushover in the family.

I was asking for ideas, I'm already halfway done with the thing anyway. I thought it'd be funny to see what the pit would come up with. Don't like the thread, dear? Don't post.
Go to the drug thread and turn one of the drug trip stories into a wholesome vacation story.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Go to the drug thread and turn one of the drug trip stories into a wholesome vacation story.

There's a pun in there somewhere.

I'm actually thinking of doing this I'll ask permission if I do, of course.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
There's a pun in there somewhere.

I'm actually thinking of doing this I'll ask permission if I do, of course.

Wow, I didn't even realize I put that in there.
you're a stone fox
I like the drug thread idea.

Also, you HAVE to post a thread that contains the whole story when you are finished with it!
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day