Hi there!

Today I seemed to have a problem with my Schecter Damien 6. I have been using it for like 6-7 months. Anyway, when I plugged it into my Line 6 amplifier this morning and had the METAL channel selected, instead of the distortion a softly distorted kind of clean sound came out. I switched to my Gibson and Dean but saw they worked fine with the same cable, amp and settings. Anyway, back to my Schecter, I fiddled between using the bridge and the neck pickup, between using both, or unplugging and plugging the guitar back in, but that issue continued for sometime before suddenly disappearing sometime later.

Right now all seems fine, but my question is, is this a major issue or does it often happen with electric guitars? Can pickups "cool down" or something? My Schecter has passive EMG HZs installed.

Thank you.
Last edited by zuhairreza at Jan 15, 2012,
Hey man, does your guitar have active pickups??? If it does, try changing the battery. That should fix your problem
Lol, volume knob rolled down?

Other than that,no clue unless wiring is not getting a good connection.
Quote by zkhrats
Hey man, does your guitar have active pickups??? If it does, try changing the battery. That should fix your problem

Nope, they are passive EMG HZs!

All's fine now, but I am still worried. Wouldn't want that happening again!!
It's a very common problem on cheap guitars. Basically a solder point has come loose somewhere (most likely on the output jack). You just have to go in and make a proper connection again. While you're at it, it's a very good idea to redo all of the solder points, to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Chad11491
Lol, volume knob rolled down?

Other than that,no clue unless wiring is not getting a good connection.

Nope, all knobs were turned up.

If wiring is not getting a good connection, it should have happened again.. or sound should have crackled or something. Had none of those.
Quote by Offworld92
It's a very common problem on cheap guitars. Basically a solder point has come loose somewhere (most likely on the output jack). You just have to go in and make a proper connection again. While you're at it, it's a very good idea to redo all of the solder points, to make sure it doesn't happen again.

More than likely, it is probably this. Take the back plate off, resolder the wires if you want, check to see if there isn't a loose wire on any of the pots, or that any of the wires aren't frayed or touching.
Question; do you have a Crybaby (or any other effects) in your set-up?

My Wah sucked all the juice out of mij buckers too. till I fixed it with a little greese.
I'd also advise to get a new ampy. I guess this is said everytime someone mentions Line 6's.

But if you have a Gibson AND a Dean, you could probably afford it, and it will sound tons better than what you can achieve with a solidstate.

You don't even have to spend an arseload, try out something like a Tiny Terror from orange. Great, little amp.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
I had the same problem with my Dean.

The first thing I checked (after the amp and the cable) was the electronics and there was no problem there. So I went to shop I bought the guitar from, and they said that sometimes the output itself grows weak.

The guy in the shop adjusted some rings on the output (Positioned on the inside) and it worked again for sveral moths but eventualy the output had to be replaced.

Maybe this is the problem with your guitar? Hope I helped
Quote by zuhairreza
Nope, they are passive EMG HZs!

All's fine now, but I am still worried. Wouldn't want that happening again!!

It'll happen again, sometimes its the guitar and sometimes its the amp.

(i have a low-end schcter and a line 6 spider 15.)
My Omen-8 did the same thing what happen is it lost the ground on my vol. pot.

I retighten the little nut and all was fine later it did it again but nut was tight so I took both vol. and tone pot and put some elec. tape on the pot around where the threads touch the guitars body. That seem to do the trick.
Does it have abalone? If not, then that's your problem.

Moar abalone = Moar br00tlz
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?