Hey all.

Have a Yamaha RGX121Z (Alder body, Maple neck) ToneRider Generator Alnico V in the bridge. Sounds awesome.

Need an overdrive or similar pedal, budget approx £60 but can stretch somewhat if it's really worth it. Maybe a used Hardwire pedal would be up to the job?

Play a variety, G'N'R, Skynyrd, Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, Nirvana etc.

Amp is a hopeless Marshall 15 watter solid state they have at college, not a lot I can do about that unfortunately.

Have a DS-1 and Pocket Pod but the Pocket Pod sounds too synthetic and the DS-1 is just... hopeless.

Ta!
The best advice i can give you is to go to your local guitar and test the pedals in your price range. A few good ones worth checking are the boss blues driver, fulltone ocd, and visual sounds son of jekyll. But these are above your budget Im afraid..
i second the blues driver, and the ocd...the standard of course is the tubescreamer by ibanez.

for what it's worth, hardwires aren't the greatest, if they are in your price range then great, but you can do so much better
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
don't expect an od to work wonders with your solid state amp

maybe a joyo/harley benton ultimate drive? sounds pretty overdrivey at lower settings but you can also get a distortion out of it. and it sounds a bit more overdrivey than out-and-out distortion pedals. it's also cheap (£25-£30) and you probably don't want to be spending tons on pedals when your amp is the problem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?