So, I currently have an Epiphone Les Paul Ultra that cost me £400. I love my Epiphone; it's a great all-round guitar for playing a variety of music. But now I'm looking for a guitar I can use for the metal, distortion sound. My amp is a Fender Roc Pro 1000 so I have no problem with that. I was looking at some BC Riches (Virgos, Warlocks, and Warbeasts; I'm not a huge fan of the Beats/Beat Vs) and they have good reviews and look out of this world. I'm wondering if I can get a decent one for a reasonable price (£200-£450). I'm 14 so my weekly allowance won't cover anything above £450.

Should I spend that amount of money on a BC Rich, or stick with my Les Paul?

Thanks in advance for any help given; replies would be greatly appreciated
You know BC Rich has gotten a bad name. They make solid guitars. I might buy the BC Rich. but if your comfortable with your LP. I wouldn't spend the money.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
It's my first day, I don't know how bumping works on this site x3
And thanks for the advice.
you could always buy new pickups. And most pickup makers, like seymour duncan and dimarzio will offer you suggestions of pickups for the type of music you play and what kind of guitar you have.
Quote by Vital-Signs
Why don't you just put an EMG pickup in your current guitar?

Because they are mostly terrible for everything that is not high gain metal.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Dont waste your money, any B.C. Rich under £450 is pretty crap... It honestly is, I like the brand but its true.

Put a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge position of your Epiphone and it will play and sound better for Metal than any B.C. Rich you are currently looking at.

And not to sound harsh but you're 14, every 14 year old wants a "pointy, awesome, BR00TALZ" looking guitar but in a few years you will have grown out of it, I went through the same thing :P
Quote by Blargaha
Because they are mostly terrible for everything that is not high gain metal.

Isn't he looking for a guitar that can play high gain metal?
Quote by Vital-Signs
Isn't he looking for a guitar that can play high gain metal?

But he liked his Ultra for it's versatility, and you suggested he'd take that versatility away. He wanted something that could complement his Ultra with high gain tones, not to replace it.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
going from a les paul ultra to a bc rich anything is only going to be a downgrade

buy a distortion pedal or a better amp
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
If you're gonna spend that much money on a metal guitar( and honestly, if you want a better tone, 9 outta 10 times you'll want a better amp, not a better guitar ), don't get a BC Rich. The BC Riches above 600 are pretty good, but for that amount of money, get an LTD or a Schecter.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp