When I switch pickups on my strat, it makes a strange clicking noise. if i switch pickups on my ibanez, there's no noise. so what is the problem? is it a grounding issue?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
it's most likely your toggle switch, might be time for a new one
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
okay. i just replaced not too long ago though, weird. i'll probably replace the pickups again anyway so it'll get done shortly
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

you can try spraying can compressed air into the switch slot, while flicking.

see if it quiets it down.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i need to acquire some air in a can
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Just to make sure, is the clicking from the amp or the guitar? If it's from the amp, I have no idea and my question probably makes you think I am an idiot. If it's from the guitar, it's normal. Or it could just be the noise from the guitar being transmitted through the pickups and out the amp.
Quote by IronMaiden76
When I switch pickups on my strat, it makes a strange clicking noise. if i switch pickups on my ibanez, there's no noise. so what is the problem? is it a grounding issue?

Clean your switch and check your ground connections.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend