I'm trying to earn some extra cash playing music on the streets. I really like playing gypsy jazz but wanted some other opinions for what people would like to hear.
Quote by I-am-hollywood
I'm trying to earn some extra cash playing music on the streets. I really like playing gypsy jazz but wanted some other opinions for what people would like to hear.

You ever listened to the radio?
^^

I don't think people wanna hear a Nickleback set list. I wanna just play music that people can enjoy hearing walking by like jazz, flamenco, classical ect
Quote by I-am-hollywood
^^

I don't think people wanna hear a Nickleback set list. I wanna just play music that people can enjoy hearing walking by like jazz, flamenco, classical ect

Really?

Where's Alan when you need him?

I'm not saying learn an entire Nickelback album. But it's stuff that's on the radio that people want to hear, whether that be classic rock or new-age pop. If you can sing while you do it then that's even better.
Most people will enjoy hearing Nickelback as they walk past more so than they will jazz, flamenco, and classical.
I'd be playing more near coffee shops though so I'm trying to go for somthing that would mesh well with that surrounding no offense to nickleback.
Quote by I-am-hollywood
I'd be playing more near coffee shops though so I'm trying to go for somthing that would mesh well with that surrounding no offense to nickleback.

So you're aiming at the Hipster crowd? You'll wanna play stuff like Mumford and Sons, Imogen Heap, Death Cab for Cutie... but none of them would admit to these bands if you asked them.
Play something easily recognizable by the masses. That way you have more chance that they like it and more chance of $$$ for you lol. Pieces like Fur Elise, in the classical vein; popular songs like The beatles and you can throw in other cool shit to show off, that works well too.

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Last edited by Damaged Roses at Jan 15, 2012,
Just play what's popular, and make sure you turn your amp up to get their attention.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
People won't care what meshes well with the area, they want songs they recognize.
If you're using an acoustic, it's practically assumed that you're gonna play Wonderwall. Throw in a Beatles song, and some more cliché songs, and you've got yourself a standard busking set list. Then alter it a bit to suit your tastes and voice/playing a bit.