Okay, so, I have an Ibanez GIO. Fairly cheap beginner's guitar, I've had it for four years, so I'm looking for something more high-end. So I'm surfin' da web and reading all of these phenomenal reviews for guitars, and I go and try them at my local guitar shop. But every single one of them feels terrible to me. Then when I go and try cheaper guitars, they feel great. Am I used to shit guitars? Should I pick up an uncomfortable guitar and adapt to it?
You seem to be lucky enough to not have expensive tastes if you ask me.

May I ask what guitars you've been trying out?
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
which guitars did you try that you didn't like the feel of?

a lot of it is probably familiarity...you're so used to the gio that everything else feels weird. you might have better luck with a higher end ibanez.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I have a GIO, have had it for 3 years and its a great little guitar, I love it so much that I prefer it to my uncle' Les Paul (not sure what model). I personally think that its normal if other guitars seem bad compared to this
Stick to what you like then dude and it'll save you a few quid. Just because it's cheap doesn't make you a bad player, and it's not a "bad" instrument, it's just made with cheaper materials and possibly of a lower quality, but if it's what you like then what's wrong with that?
Check out my fitness blog here
I actually really like my GAX 30 Gio. It plays much better than the RG5EX1 and the Art100 I use to have though the ESP LTD M100FM I had kicks its butt. Maybe try rondomusic.com I am the same way, I dont like the feel of a lot of higher end guitars but I can all ways find a cheap guitar that feels really comfortable to me.
That's what happens when you break up with your 4-year girlfriend and start dating again. Nothing is going to be as comfortable. Just something you have to adapt to my friend.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by BeefWellington
You seem to be lucky enough to not have expensive tastes if you ask me.

May I ask what guitars you've been trying out?

I've been playing mostly LTD EC's, I'm interested in those but they're just not comfortable.
Buy a better ibanez. Pretty much all I feel completely comfortable playing, with a few exceptions.
A low end prestige can be had for 600$ ish.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
I've been playing mostly LTD EC's, I'm interested in those but they're just not comfortable.

Try some more guitars, other than LTD's EC line. Broaden your horizons.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Maybe you're used to unpainted necks and haven't had experience with painted ones? They definitely feel different from each other. Try playing an RG of some kind with a maple neck and see if you like it.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I have the same issue..

My Ibanez GIO is now turning 6.. still the most comfortable guitar i have.. allthough I have an LTD m-100 FM too..

Shockingly I also own a '76 les paul goldtop..

I feel terrible XD
Quote by LP-Goldtop
I have the same issue..

My Ibanez GIO is now turning 6.. still the most comfortable guitar i have.. allthough I have an LTD m-100 FM too..

Shockingly I also own a '76 les paul goldtop..

I feel terrible XD

chances are you just aren't so keen on the bulky feel of a les paul - nothing wrong with that.

the first time i played a real fender i thought "wow, this feels horrible" after having played squiers for ages. i'd gotten used to the slightly flimsy feel and somehow a sturdy, good quality guitar felt wrong to me. i did eventually get used to what a good quality guitar feels like though.. and now i can never go back
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
chances are you just aren't so keen on the bulky feel of a les paul - nothing wrong with that.

the first time i played a real fender i thought "wow, this feels horrible" after having played squiers for ages. i'd gotten used to the slightly flimsy feel and somehow a sturdy, good quality guitar felt wrong to me. i did eventually get used to what a good quality guitar feels like though.. and now i can never go back

whell, the neck of my '76 Les paul is really thin this because it is a lawsuit copy made by Ibanez Same looks - Better Guitar
EC has a 24 3/4 scale, bulkier neck. Ibanez usually have thinnier necks, 25 1/2 scale and flatter radius.

You should try to find a Kramer Assault 220, I've read that the neck is realy "ibanez like" and you'd get an LP shape!
It's no wonder you're not finding the EC as comfortable. It has a significantly different scale length as well as neck profile. Honestly, it'd be like riding a little Ninja and then trying a more "upscale" Harley -- then making a statement that cheaper bikes feel better. No, it's just a totally different type of bike!

If you're happy with how the Gio feels, find some others with similar features/profile/shape, etc. There are plenty out there.

Also, there's nothing wrong with simply upgrading bits and pieces of your Gio if you like it. Get a new nut, upgrade bridge, better pots/switches, shield the cavities, play with different pups, change out the tuners, etc.

I say fuk the fukin' fukers -- buy & play what you like!
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by cdr_salamander
That's what happens when you break up with your 4-year girlfriend and start dating again. Nothing is going to be as comfortable. Just something you have to adapt to my friend.

Never dated a 4 year old. How was it?
Quote by zilant

ZIIING!
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by zilant

I didn't say 4 year old.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
I used to think that Japanese-made Ibanez necks were the best for me and everything else felt weird. As I played more and got better, I started to feel more comfortable switching guitars. Even my Les Paul doesn't feel that strange to switch to, and it has a '59 style neck.
Quote by zilant

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by cdr_salamander
I didn't say 4 year old.

I see that now but thats how I read it haha. I'm just butin your balls man.