Hey guys, today I had the buzz sound resurfacing again on my guitar's Low e string, I just came back from vacation and 2 weeks ago there was no buzz or anything. I noticed that if I grab the low e tuning key while playing the string open then the buzz is completely gone, but comes back when I stop grabbing the key.
Have you ever had this kind of problem before ? How do you get past it ? I used to have a buzzing sound in the past but it just went away on its own... never knew why.

Thanks in advance for your assistance
To save time, refer to a couple of recent threads on this forum -

Fret buzz
Question about a guitar problem
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
These threads discuss fret buzz, my guitar doesn't buzz when fretted, only when the low e is played open.
My apologies, I clearly didn't read your thread through.

Check to see that the nut that holds your tuner to the guitar is tightened down securely. Also check the screw in tuner knob, make sure that it's not loose.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
the fact that your buzz comes and goes would seem to indicate swings in humidity and dryness. guitars - and anything else wood - will expand and contract as humidity rises and falls. if it contracts enough, it can cause cracking - if it expands enough, things can swell, pull apart and braces can come loose.

buy a cheap hygrometer, test it and use it. chances are once the humidity is regularized, you won't have this issue again.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Hmm, I live in canada and since I was back temperature dropped by a good 20 degrees celsius, maybe that's changed the humidity as you said, but I'll still see what I can do with tightening the tuning key, as I said above holding the key with my fingers completely stops the buzz.
i'm in los angeles. in the last week the humidity outside my apartment has varied from 17% to 80%. that would make massive changes to our guitars but we have a hygrometer in every room, and also use both a good sized humidifier and a dehumidifier to protect our instruments.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Actually, I found out that my guitar's tuning was too down, letting the strings too loose. I tuned it back to regular tuning and everything is fine now.