Poll: Should Euthanasia be legalized?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should Euthanasia be legalized?
Yes, it should be legalized
107 88%
No, you should die by natrual causes
8 7%
Undecided/Don't know
6 5%
Voters: 121.
Page 1 of 2
No not a bunch of young people in Asia, but mercy killing. After watching my great grandma die after being taken off of the respirator, I started questioning whether euthanasia can be used for humanitarian purposes (Ex. Someone with extremely painful and fatal cancer, wound, etc). So pit, what do you think? Should Euthanasia be legalized for cases like this? Or should someone die completely by natural causes?

EDIT: This is not referring to being switched off the machines or w/e, but death by lethal injection
Last edited by theunforgivn at Jan 15, 2012,
Should be decriminalized.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Do you mean people being able to say that they would want to be swtiched off in a certain circumstance, or that doctors and family should be able to choose that for other people?
Quote by RU Experienced?
We do it to cats, dogs, and horses, why not people.

We also make cats piss in boxes, dogs wear collars and leads, and ride horses, which are all slightly frowned upon with human beings.

EDIT:
Quote by theunforgivn
No I mean lethal injection

No I mean are you saying people should be able to say to the doctor "let me die", or that doctors and family should be able to make that choice for other people if they are unable to themselves?
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Jan 15, 2012,
Euthanasia is most certainly a good thing, why let someone suffer a slow painful death when if they are sound of mind, they can end it.
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
Quote by MadClownDisease
We also make cats piss in boxes, dogs wear collars and leads, and ride horses, which are all slightly frowned upon with human beings.

Humans piss in toilets which are glorified litter boxes, there is a large BDSM community that wear collars willingly, children are often put on leashes, and piggy-back rides are a common occurrence as well.

Also you totally ignored the point, but I will indulge you in a nonsensical tangent.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Humans piss in toilets which are glorified litter boxes, there is a large BDSM community that wear collars willingly, children are often put on leashes, and piggy-back rides are a common occurrence as well.

Also you totally ignored the point, but I will indulge you in a nonsensical tangent.

(I was joking btw, don't worry... However I do always want to punch something when I see kids on leads...)
eh on the one hand if someone is in that much pain that they dont want to hang on anymore, sure. sucks but it's their choice. but the problem is if an enemy of theirs walks in, pulls the plug, and stumbles into the doctor outside the room and says, "what? he told me to do it. he basically forced me!"

that's the world's shittiest example, but you know what im getting at.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
After reading about it I'm pretty sure you have to be genuinely evil or retarded to think it should be illegal
Watch "You Don't Know Jack," that HBO film where Al Pacino plays Jack Kevorkian.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
i agree that it should be 'allowed' but regulated properly and officially.
did anyone watch the bbc documentary with terry pratchet on the subject?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
If God intended for you to suffer then you must suffer. Unfortunate I know but thats the way it is.
Quote by Tragic Mulatto
If God intended for you to suffer then you must suffer. Unfortunate I know but thats the way it is.

God intended for me to be an Olympic gymnast. I don't understand why I didn't make the team.
Quote by Tragic Mulatto

You're going to want a flameshield. I think you're retarded but I'm gonna be one of the lenient ones.

The idea that someone wanting to end their own suffering should be illegal is insane, pure and simple. There's no actual reason for it to be illegal that I see and I have no idea why it is. We're literally taking away a person's last chance to die in dignity for no reason at all.
Name one thing that people do not abuse?

In principle I believe that Euthanasia should be legal.

But I don't trust people to not misuse it in the pursuit of wealth.
As long as they have no debt or could be hindering some one elses success in life by dying.
Quote by Tragic Mulatto

If that's what you believe than fine, but what right do you have to force your religious beliefs upon others?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by eldanny
If that's what you believe than fine, but what right do you have to force your religious beliefs upon others?

I don't have a right, but God does.
Quote by Tragic Mulatto

I don't believe in God, so why should I be forced to abide by your understanding of him?
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by Tragic Mulatto

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Tragic Mulatto

No he doesn't. How have you come to that conclusion? Also, you telling people stuff about God ≠ God telling people stuff.
Quote by eldanny
I don't believe in God, so why should I be forced to abide by your understanding of him?

It doesn't matter if you don't believe in him. My crazy neighbour says he doesn't believe in war, but war clearly exists, its on the tv!

The fact is God does exist, and he thinks euthanasia is whack, so thats all there is to say!

God bless you!
Quote by Das_Skittles

So, a troll is anyone you disagree with because everyone is entitled to your opinion?

You're pathetic.
Please let us not continue this "debate" without a good definition, at the very least:

"Euthanasia is commonly defined as the act of bringing about the death of a hopelessly ill and suffering person in a relatively quick and painless way for reasons of mercy. In this report, the term euthanasia will signify the medical administration of a lethal agent to a patient for the purpose of relieving the patient's intolerable and incurable suffering."

In my humble opinion,

Those who want to die willingly due to their suffering and those who are comatose, after a peer review of their case and a basic evaluation of the request on their behalf should have their plugs pulled out.

Our population growth rate simply CANNOT afford to have it otherwise.

Even though the liberal argument for euthanasia may seem at times to be a fluffy moral cloak for a much more grave survival requirement, I absolutely support the notion that personal liberty gives us (or our closest relatives) the right to be the final word on our own end.

Now, leaving that aside, it may be good to have a legal appreciation of the reasoning behind why many courts have come to the conclusion of why passive euthanasia is allowed in certain cases:

In Severns v. Wilmington Medical Center, the Delaware Supreme Court gave the husband of a comatose woman the right of guardianship and the authority to remove her respirator or withhold other treatment as he saw fit. In Thor v. Superior Court, the court granted the request to withhold treatment from a severely depressed quadriplegic only after a psychiatric evaluation determined that the request was based on poor quality of life and not just on severe depression.

The cases indicate that the courts have essentially legalized voluntary passive euthanasia, finding justification to refuse or have medical treatment withheld in the constitutional right to privacy, the common law right of self determination, or the more general concept of autonomy. With regard to involuntary passive euthanasia, the courts are generally supportive of the practice, but they have the right to insist on a more stringent standard of evidence before approving such procedures.

In the case of active euthanasia, which is the intended thread topic, States are very queasy mainly because of the direct, proximate cause of death and also probably because some of the most famous advocates of active "euthanasia"(read as mass murder of the weak) were the Nazis. So the idea that active euthanasia is a slippery slope emerged prominently. Now, this is by no means an unsound argument. Criminal law itself is based on differentiation of one crime from another, but if a crime is perpetrated under the pretext of a legal activity then this differentiation can tend to be hazy.

But this argument has certain fundamental flaws.

It is based on a retrospective dread of previous, unrelated, fascist Governments when most of the countries that are having the euthanasia debate today are having it to answer certain fundamental questions on personal liberty.

It is also based on a prospective apprehension of crime, which is not supported by empirical evidence. So this slippery slope argument falls apart when you notice for example the liberal gun control laws, which should have been much worse to the criminal sphere.

Anyways, just rambling as always.

If you wish to read the leading case on Euthanasia, check out:

Cruzan v. Director, Missouri Dept. of Health, 1990
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

If they provide consent (in which manner would have to be decided legally), then I don't see any problem with it. Some people shouldn't have to suffer for months, weeks, etc. when they're going to inevitably die at the end of the road.
Quote by seabear70
So, a troll is anyone you disagree with because everyone is entitled to your opinion?

You're pathetic.

Read his profile, there's no chance somebody so religious would list their school as " "I'm from the school of the soft cocks"
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
Quote by Tragic Mulatto

but if God intended for you to suffer then he wouldn't allow you to end your suffering. So if people were to ask for euthanasia and receive assistance, then God would have wanted it to happen.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It should be legalized, because if someone thinks everyone should die by natural couses, then that person shouldn't be using any kinds of medicine or be put in a respirator or such, since that goes agains what constitues as natural.
Quote by eldanny
Read his profile, there's no chance somebody so religious would list their school as " "I'm from the school of the soft cocks"

Sorry, the standard on the internet is that anyone who disagrees with you is not just wrong, but evil.

I'm not getting paid to research the posters further.
There are so many reasons why it should be legalised/is a good thing, and so very few reasons why it should be banned/illegal

Ashley
Quote by seabear70

You're pathetic.

No. I know he's trolling because I have a general awareness of what users here post. Unless he had religious conversion in the last week, Tragic Mulatto is trolling right now.

Run along, newfag.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Page 1 of 2