I currently play through a sovtek mig 100h, but am looking for a new amp. I love the tone of my amp but really need a two channel amp with similar tone and good clean as well. I dont really want a marshall cause there arent really any that fit what i need without having to mod them. I was thinking...maybe orange..but ive heard that their clean isnt all that great or...hiwatt high gain 100 maybe? any suggestions?

so...

British-y tone
2 channels
under 2 grand
good cleans
awesome gain
good bit of low end
takes effects well

any ideas? also i could go with a 50 watt if its the right amp and happens to be a little less expensive then a 100 watt version of what ever...
The Marshall JVM410h is a seriously good amp! It has 4 channels, eqch with three modes, so there :P Oranges also are awesome!
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
You can get amazing high gain tones out of teh Marshall JVMs, there's so many great tones on it
if money isn't an issue then i definitely agree with the marshall suggestion. super great amp. but orange is definitely not something to pass up. they r pretty sweet amps.

if you really aren't concerned with the money, then my number 1 recommendation would be the series one blackstars. the tone on those things are just amazing.

to be on the cheaper end you could also probably check out the jet city 100hdm. real sweet amp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjApjkJc4Wo&feature=related this is the jet city. u can do a little searching on youtube for the blackstar demos.
Quote by andrerist
if you really aren't concerned with the money, then my number 1 recommendation would be the series one blackstars. the tone on those things are just amazing.

also this. the 1046L6 is pretty amazing, and orange amps are also great
considering you're in the US I'm guessing splawn would be worth a look. i haven't tried them, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i said in there somewhere that it needed to be under 2 grand. Ill check out the jvms, and i have only checked out a couple blackstars, but dont they use diode clipping? meaning its not really a tube amp? i have heard of but havent heard much on jet city amps, but after watching all of the videos that guy has on the hdm, all i have to say is ......wow. that could be the amp for me. Its affordable, great tone, has flexibility in the tone, and sounds HEAVY!
i have heard a lot of good things about splawn, as well. Dont they usually go for over 2 grand tho?
Quote by letsgetcokes
i have only checked out a couple blackstars, but dont they use diode clipping? meaning its not really a tube amp?

its only the HT's that do that as far as i know, the series one's definately dont
Splawn Ouick Rod/Nitro would fit perfectly
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
ive had a mesa stiletto and played through a couple of other mesas, and honestly wasnt that impressed. im not much for american tone.
i just looked into splawns and they sound pretty dope. you can order one for just under 2 grand at their website. i checked out the blackstar series one and i heard that it DOES in fact use diode clipping
Splawn Nitro.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X