Yo UG

I'm after preferably a head and a cab (although I will consider combos) with a fairly low wattage for home use. Ideally 50 or less.
Ideally at least 2 channels
Needs to be able to cope with high gain stuff (please do not suggest a 6505 combo.) but versatile clean/crunch would be a bonus. Idk really, just a jack of all trades
I mainly play hardcore (both old punkish hardcore and the more modern ballsy hardcore) a bit of metal, but I do like to jam with some blues too.
I have a peavey jsx for my band through an orange ppc412 and then at home I have a line 6 spider... -cringe-
I'm not after a jsx combo either, i want something else to mess about with at home

I'd ideally like to spend less than £700 but i can stretch to £1000 if needs be :/
Not fussed whether its new or used!

hope i've covered everything for you pedantic fellows :p
Cheers!
ive been looking at the peavey vypyr tube 60. might work for you.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Look at Jet City amps, but if your just playing at home you want A LOT less than 50w, assuming we're talking valve amps. Look at the Orange Tiny Terror, Jet City PicoValve, etc. Also, check out a company called Sheldon, they do boutique valve amps at a pretty reasonable price, check out the TrueTone 3.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
thanks for the suggestions man
I said 50w as I like amps with more of an EQ section than the tiny terror and amps with a bit more wattage tend to have more EQ. As far as i know anyway
I like to mess about a bit, i know pedals are an obvious option but idk, i often prefer the amps own sound, like i don't use any OD pedals for my jsx as i think alone it has a great OD channel on it

I'll look into sheldon, haven't heard of them before
the big problem is that most of the lower wattage amps are more aimed at lower gain tones. and at really low home volumes you're not pushing a lower wattage amp much, either.

just be careful you're not spending money for the sake of it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
doesn't sound like it'd be a good choice for your tone but the deluxe reverb is a great amp and is one of the best amps for pedals
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
blackstar.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
black stars arent all tube though yo.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
The ht series, highly used by alot of brittish hardcore/metalcore bands like Your Demise and While she sleeps. good choice
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by romeozdistress

No this shit again.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by romeozdistress

Big deal?

They're pretty much built for high gain. So much br00tlz in the 1 water.....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Big deal?

They're pretty much built for high gain. So much br00tlz in the 1 water.....

im actually interested in them myself. but everyone tells me they arent all tube and a waste. im into something high gain myself.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
im actually interested in them myself. but everyone tells me they arent all tube and a waste. im into something high gain myself.

Yeah, I saw your post and recommended the vypyr tube. But its up to you, not us stalkers on the web. Get what you want, were just stating what sounds good from our perspective.

Don't really like the cleans iv the HTs but the reverb is delicious.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
ohh thats cool. depends how much money i feel like spending when the time comes.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress

The HT series is good (except the HT-1 IMO).
I'd take an HT-40 or 60 over a 6505 - which everyone recommends for metal - any day.

Really good for high gain, but they also have useable medium gain tones and nice cleans, which is IMO not the case with the 6505.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
if i spent that much id prolly go for the jet city 50 combo, because of the cleans.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Wisthekiller
Blackstar cleans are MUCH clearer than JCA cleans.

ohh thanks for the info man.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
which jet city is that? i wondering how they sound for metal. another opinion cant hurt.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Wisthekiller
No problem

Both are not that great examples though.

The JCA50/100 will have noticably better cleans than your 20.
And the higher wattage HTs will give much better clean tones as well.
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
No this shit again.

how is it shit? it's true
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?