stratkat - stratkat
FireHawk - jtstorie
Trowzaa - Trowzaa
rudric - Cliffybiro_.

Last edited by FearMyLightning at May 14, 2013,
Fridge101
I make things and stuff..
611 IQ
Might be really sweet, might be a complete fail. I will judge when the game comes out I guess
AMP:
Rocktron chameleon 2000
Roland GP16
Audio Technica wireless
Peavey valveking
Clydesdale custom case
GUITAR:
Indie super T black (modded with active and passive pickups)
Daisy Rock Rock Candy Special
bendystraw
UG's liquid transporter
1,196 IQ
I have a lot of confidence in rockstar's writing capabilities, and because GTA IV was one of the most profitable and gigantic intellectual properties ever, i think they're not going to spare any expense at this title.
Eggmond
Otherwise Known as Eggy
2,549 IQ
i get bored of GTA really fast. its too repetitive and it seems to be aimed at retards who are amused by explosions for hours on end
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
Hopefully they make it a bit more interesting than the interior-less gray cardboard facade city in GTA IV.

They don't need to make the game as off-the-wall as Saints Row, but for gods sake let there be at least a little humor.
Tragic Mulatto
MostInsecureGirlInThePool
251 IQ
Quote by Eggmond
i get bored of GTA really fast. its too repetitive and it seems to be aimed at retards who are amused by explosions for hours on end

not just explosions, but beating your girlfriend to death with a dildo. you dont get that shit with frogger.
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
All this speculation sounds promising, and I can't wait until everyone is disappointed when they don't deliver!

I really don't know what else you want us to discuss here.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
padgea7x
I'll wank you, you dick.
1,091 IQ
I want it because I like the scenery in San Andreas.

I also like roaming about and killing people.

I just wish I did that in the games too.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Jon777
Assbender
1,137 IQ
I've learned not to set my expectations for things too high. It helps when you finally get a much-anticipated game, whether it turns out good or bad.

So for now, I think this game is going to be a steaming pile of doo doo.
Last edited by Jon777 at Jan 15, 2012,
teachmeviolence
Only posts in the Pit
58 IQ
I was super disappointed that they made the choice to go back to San Andreas. I might not even play it for that reason. I mean seriously, if it's just gonna be the same game recycled over and over again, why even bother?
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
bendystraw
UG's liquid transporter
1,196 IQ
Quote by Eggmond

Interesting, a problem i had with GTA IV was that there were too many gameplay mechanics at play, they spent the entire first act giving you tutorials on all of them. I can see why exploding cop cars for hours on end is boring for some, but i can still pick up that game and try to hunt a SWAT van to take as a trophy any time.
BottleOfSmoke
Ritual Killer
337 IQ
Quote by Eggmond

*reads post....looks at poster's avatar*
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Lespauljames
UG Member
2,610 IQ
Well the trailer hints at a lot more colour, and vibrancy. but i am looking forward to it, hopefully its better optimised for all platforms better this time. IV looked like ass on all but UBER PC's and was a slug. I'v never had so many textures blur out on me on a console ever ( console gamer not out of choice, pc broke+ no money)
BurningTurkey
That one guy.
65 IQ
I never really got into GTA. I played at frineds houses, but it kind of seemed like the point of the game was stealing cars and going on rampages. And if that WASN'T the point... Well, it seemed like it'd be a boring game.
My sig? Nice.
FearMyLightning
Banned
482 IQ
Quote by teachmeviolence
I was super disappointed that they made the choice to go back to San Andreas. I might not even play it for that reason. I mean seriously, if it's just gonna be the same game recycled over and over again, why even bother?

Go play GTA III, then play GTA IV. Tell me how similar those cities are.
BottleOfSmoke
Ritual Killer
337 IQ
Quote by FearMyLightning

This game is probably going to be the game of the century

Seriously, how could anybody be disappointed with GTA4? That game was f'ing tits for all intents and purposes. You guys have way to high standards. It's going to be:
-A looonnngg Game
-In a Massive world/city/place
-With fun physics/pretty smooth controls,
-The ability to send pedestrians flying 300 feet off the bumper of a lambo
-All of this in Multiplayer!

come on folks, do you know how much of a bitch it is to make something like this?

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Confuse-a-Cat
The Jackson Guy
241 IQ
Quote by FearMyLightning

So it'll supposedly be just fuckin' HUGE.

As big as Daggerfall? I think not. That's huge.

I got bored of GTAIV as well. It was too repetitive. Sure it looked nice, especially once I'd plugged in my overclocked GTX460 and turned up the draw distances, but I got fed up of the gameplay.

My favourite bit was the radio station that would play your own music library...
padgea7x
I'll wank you, you dick.
1,091 IQ
Quote by Lespauljames
TO the guy who thinks its just explosions.
Sometimes its just nice to Roleplay a bit. Go for a Drive. Listen to some Tunes. Pick up a Hooker....

Agreed.
My favourite part of San Andreas/whatever it's called was driving round the mountains and canyons and such like. That's when I used to think the graphics were good.

I liked Red Dead Redemption. I actually got depressed when John died.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
BottleOfSmoke
Ritual Killer
337 IQ
Quote by Lespauljames
TO the guy who thinks its just explosions.
Sometimes its just nice to Roleplay a bit. Go for a Drive. Listen to some Tunes. Pick up a Hooker....

this! I used to love to smoke some weed, pop in GTA4, wait till night time and drive around the park in upper broker while listening to "The Journey". No killing, no speeding... just driving around high obeying all the traffic laws.

Quote by Bladez22
BDR_23
Banned
72 IQ
ITT: people complaining about video games - first world problems lol
teachmeviolence
Only posts in the Pit
58 IQ
Quote by FearMyLightning
Go play GTA III, then play GTA IV. Tell me how similar those cities are.

It has more to with the atmosphere than the actual map design. Like, I thought San Andreas had a very similar vibe to Vice City, for example. Plus, the idea of a new location was one of the biggest things I was excited about for GTA V, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Mainly, though, it's that the basic gameplay mechanics hasn't changed at all. I think one way the series could be improved is to focus completely on creating an immersive world and abandoning the concept of a main storyline altogether. Not that I didn't like GTA IV's story, but after a while it just felt like an average third-person shooter that happened to be set in one giant map as opposed to a bunch of smaller ones.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
Seriously, how could anybody be disappointed with GTA4? That game was f'ing tits for all intents and purposes. You guys have way to high standards. It's going to be:
-A looonnngg Game
-In a Massive world/city/place
-With fun physics/pretty smooth controls,
-The ability to send pedestrians flying 300 feet off the bumper of a lambo
-All of this in Multiplayer!

come on folks, do you know how much of a bitch it is to make something like this?

But it isn't really a massive world/city/place when you take into account that the only buildings with interiors are stores, and there are only a handful of those.

Basically the game is just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over.

Driving into people and watching them go flying off my screen is fun though.
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!
1,041 IQ
I was really impressed with GTA IV, and I've got high hopes for this one.

If I'm lucky, those hopes won't be crushed by this game the way they have been for every other recent game that wasn't Skyward Sword.
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
Don't really care about this. I've never cared for GTA.
FearMyLightning
Banned
482 IQ
Quote by teachmeviolence
It has more to with the atmosphere than the actual map design. Like, I thought San Andreas had a very similar vibe to Vice City, for example. Plus, the idea of a new location was one of the biggest things I was excited about for GTA V, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Mainly, though, it's that the basic gameplay mechanics hasn't changed at all. I think one way the series could be improved is to focus completely on creating an immersive world and abandoning the concept of a main storyline altogether. Not that I didn't like GTA IV's story, but after a while it just felt like an average third-person shooter that happened to be set in one giant map as opposed to a bunch of smaller ones.

SA didn't feel like VC at all to me, felt more 90's and less 80's (lol) but mostly it was all that wilderness and stuff. It didn't feel as, idk... Beachy either.

Quote by Flying Couch
I was really impressed with GTA IV, and I've got high hopes for this one.

If I'm lucky, those hopes won't be crushed by this game the way they have been for every other recent game that wasn't Skyward Sword.

Rockstar is the one developer that I can half-trust to deliver. I mean I bought Red Dead Redemption, I didn't even think I'd like it, then it turned out to be badass.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Jan 15, 2012,
ninnipinni93
hates weirdos
144 IQ
My favorite thing to do in gta is searchbarring like crazy til the cops catch me.
Flying Couch
∀ Gundam?!
1,041 IQ
Quote by FearMyLightning
Rockstar is the one developer that I can half-trust to deliver. I mean I bought Red Dead Redemption, I didn't even think I'd like it, then it turned out to be badass.

Yeah. I think pretty highly of Rockstar, just everything else recently except Zelda has been so crushingly disappointing to me that it's difficult to get too excited.

Hopefully the selection of cars, and more importantly the selection of motorcycles, is excellent. Thought I saw an R8 Spyder in that vid.
BottleOfSmoke
Ritual Killer
337 IQ
Quote by institutions
But it isn't really a massive world/city/place when you take into account that the only buildings with interiors are stores, and there are only a handful of those.

Basically the game is just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over.

Driving into people and watching them go flying off my screen is fun though.

it's called scenery. cities are basically just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over unless you're willing to break the law in most cases (trespassing). I don't live in a city, so it was cool to drive all over the place and take in the different areas.

Quote by Bladez22
pwnadgebunny
774 IQ
i'm looking more forward to max payne 3 than gta 5. i'm a big fan of the max payne games and have been waiting years for the third game. i was kind of disappointed with gta 4, i like saints row the third a lot better.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Alex_WK
88 IQ
I'm worried they won't change it at all and just think 'GTA IV was successful lets do that again but with a different story.'
Basically I think it needs something that makes it different from other GTAs to hold my interest
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
it's called scenery. cities are basically just a bunch of roads with giant stone boxes all over unless you're willing to break the law in most cases (trespassing). I don't live in a city, so it was cool to drive all over the place and take in the different areas.

Yeah, that sounds like it would be cool every once in a while but not when the character lives in the city and drives down those same roads every day. Then it becomes monotonous, because nothing ever changes, really.

I'd also like to see NPCs get more of a personality. Right now all i've seen is them scatter when I drive up to them/honk at them, and some buy hotdogs from stands. They're basically walking mannequins. I want them to interact with eachother and make it feel like a real city.

I want the option of being able to break the law, and enter peoples houses and apartments.
FearMyLightning
Banned
482 IQ
Quote by institutions
Yeah, that sounds like it would be cool every once in a while but not when the character lives in the city and drives down those same roads every day. Then it becomes monotonous, because nothing ever changes, really.

I'd also like to see NPCs get more of a personality. Right now all i've seen is them scatter when I drive up to them/honk at them, and some buy hotdogs from stands. They're basically walking mannequins. I want them to interact with eachother and make it feel like a real city.

I want the option of being able to break the law, and enter peoples houses and apartments.

That's why R* makes oncoming traffic turn in front of you.

Edit: So you want to walk inside a house, to see a bunch of furniture and maybe a TV?

Quote by ninnipinni93
My favorite thing to do in gta is searchbarring like crazy til the cops catch me.

I haven't seen any GTA 5 threads.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at Jan 15, 2012,
Jackintehbox
Banana in the street
82 IQ
Lol @ people not getting excited for this game. GTA IV was one of the most well-made games ever, and I can't even think of a disappointing Rockstar game that I've played. GTA V will be amazing.
burghUK
162 IQ
I hope they add anti-aliasing this time. GTA 4 looked really really bad.
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
Quote by FearMyLightning
That's why R* makes oncoming traffic turn in front of you.

Edit: So you want to walk inside a house, to see a bunch of furniture and maybe a TV?

Even non-oncoming cars do that.
I always rage when trying to gain speed while driving my motorcycle between the two lanes, and a car swerves either right in front of me or into the side of me

And yeah, even a little stuff like that would be much better than the way GTA IV was.

Overhauling NPCs is probably my main want though.

Either way i'll be buying this and enjoying the hell out of it.