Page 4 of 107
Quote by boreamor
Eh, GTA is a boring game. It's the same game, just larger every time.

lol this guy
pinga
Quote by NordicThrasher

lolthisguy

I was disappointed with Skyrim. Buggy as shit, every quest was exactly the same (go in this cave and get this blah blah and there's a load of bandits chilling in there) and now no DLC for the PS3.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Skyrim wasn't that bad. It had some samey quests, but at least the dungeons weren't all the same. Bethesda's environments haven't been very good since before FO3, and the game was damn near ruined by glitches. Its still really fun and also not what this thread is about...

GTA though is all about comic fun in a realistic environment. Liberty City was pretty lifelike and realistic in this one, but all of the GTAs have had a similar storyline. Bottom-rung tough guy proves himself and gets into bigger trouble as the story progresses. I think its more about the fun than an encompassing plot.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Does anyone know if the main story line will be 3 player co-op? It would make sense to do that since they're going in that direction of 3 players who know each other and work with each other in criminal activity.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
holy shit 3 characters

God damn it. All I want are this and the new bioshock. That's it... and they're both coming out around the same time, bollocks
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by MH400
Any news on the release date?

Still "Spring 2013" is all we know.

@theponz

Just start saving up now and if you've enough for both then great, if you've got enough for one then get whichever one you want more and then you'll have some money left over to keep saving up.

Or if you've got a job, quit whining

Just working out what that means for me, due to the backwards seasons of New Zealand, haha.

Cheers, though. I honestly can't wait.
Quote by MH400
Just working out what that means for me, due to the backwards seasons of New Zealand, haha.

Cheers, though. I honestly can't wait.

April-ish, I reckon it'll be

According to all the previews and whatnot, it seems to be console footage. If so, goddamn.
Last edited by HeavyMetalMan28 at Nov 12, 2012,
Wow, after looking at those screenshots I think I'll need more than the originally planned 2 days off for this one.
Really? Was not expecting that. I didn't think you could get much more out of the consoles than Skyrim did and that was filled with bugs.

Quote by Trowzaa
Still "Spring 2013" is all we know.

@theponz

Just start saving up now and if you've enough for both then great, if you've got enough for one then get whichever one you want more and then you'll have some money left over to keep saving up.

Or if you've got a job, quit whining

It's not so much a money problem as a finding time to binge the **** out of them problem.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by Trowzaa
Really? Was not expecting that. I didn't think you could get much more out of the consoles than Skyrim did and that was filled with bugs.

I'm not sure if the graphics really made a difference on bugginess with Skyrim. Bethesda just doesn't seem to polish their games nearly as well as Rockstar does.
Is it true that it's a Scottish company that makes the GTA games?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
Is it true that it's a Scottish company that makes the GTA games?

Rockstar has a team in Edinburgh I think, called Rockstar North (who worked on GTA:SA).

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockstar_North
Yeah, they're the developers for GTAV
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Nov 14, 2012,
Im really struggling over this or Dead Island Riptide. The Game Informer info on Riptide makes me want but the screen shots from GTA5 look impossible.

The one with the backview from the bike has to be console. It not then the apocalypse is surely coming as we have reached the peak of possiblilites.
Knowledge is power
Dat trailer.

I haven't been this excited about a GTA since I was waiting for GTA 3.

That trailer looks ridiculously good.

Dem cars... (⌐■益■ Pretty sure I saw an old Aston Martin lookalike coming off that trailer. Need more info on cars and bikes.
It's so beautiful. ;_;
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The atmosphere looks really nice and nostalgic which for me is very important. Hopefully the gameplay and story is more like the GTA Vice City/ San Andreas than GTA IV. Cars that's don't feel like boats with wheels. However the graphics aren't that impressive, but hey still pretty good considering how old console hardware is.

Quote by Thrill-house
On my next day off I'm gonna try and get this mod to run.

http://youtu.be/OBw0R1AUU64

I would love to install this with the fps mod, but installing mods for GTA IV is such a hassle and I really hate games for windows live
Last edited by GNR's Fan at Nov 14, 2012,
Quote by FearMyLightning
This game is probably going to be the game of the century

How bold of you
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
http://www.gtav.net/facts/

Vehicle physics have been updated. "The cars hold to the ground a bit better," says Rockstar. It now feels more like a racing game, compared to GTA IV where they felt "big and boatlike".

This makes me really REALLY excited for this game. I'm definitely buying this on release date even though I'll likely not have much time to play it since I'll be in college...

If they don't announce a PC version I'll probably have to buy it for Xbox, and seeing how bad IV runs on Xbox compared to PC it makes me sad. If they do announce it for PC though I'm buying a new gfx card so I can enjoy it in full graphics HD.

Discuss.

Edit: Wow I didn't realize I made this thread over a year ago.
Updated OP

http://www.itwire.com/your-it-news/entertainment/59822-gta-v-to-hit-pcs-too

PC is pretty much confirmed. No dates on it yet, but hopefully at or near the 17th. I don't really want to have to buy a next gen console, and with the way IV played on the 360 I don't want to play it on that either.

I really hope I actually have time to play this game while I'm in school.
Last edited by FearMyLightning at May 14, 2013,