I am currently working on getting more creative moving out of the 1st and 2nd pentatonic position, and I was looking for some songs that have good examples of the higher positions. Anybody know of any good ones?
Any song that based on the pentatonic. Learn it in position 1 if thats what you find easiest and then transpose it into position 3, 4 or 5. The notes are the same. It'll be better for your knowledge if you can play the same thing in different positions.
Quote by slayer6x6
I am currently working on getting more creative moving out of the 1st and 2nd pentatonic position, and I was looking for some songs that have good examples of the higher positions. Anybody know of any good ones?

key ?
Well I've been spending most of my time in A, but I would be open for any keys.
Here's what you need to do: Take a step back and forget about the boxed shapes. The 5 positions are only there for convenience. Running up and down the positions will not make you a better player. Learn the notes of the fretboard and learn the scale as a series of notes and intervals. When people just memorize the shapes, they usually get stuck and have trouble moving around on the fretboard.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
All the boxes have the same notes... give things some tought..
see the intervals, see the notes.. transpose the songs you have already been working on.
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Jan 16, 2012,