Hey GB&C. I did a build in one day.

Here's what I started with:

I used no templates whatsoever, everything I did was eyeballed, not measured (except
bridge/neck placement). I also went cheap so no money was spent. Some parts were replaced. It's generally bad. Go ahead and guess how it went, I'll post finished pics after dinner.
Quote by simpro14.5
Either it went fantastic or, more possibly, like shit!

Either way, I am curious.
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
Either it went fantastic or, more possibly, like shit!

Hint: Like shit.

my record is 3 days.. came out great.

and that was about 3-4 hours per day, completyl from scratch, rough wood.

Mine is now 6 hours total. And much worse than anything you've built.

probably well if not you would not post results to be ashamed of. The title of the thread makes me think that.

Um... it did not come out well...

Guitar pickups... great on a bass.
regardless, this thread has sparked an idea for me that may be one of the best things i have ever done to date. thank you.

Considering I follow every single one of your builds, I'll take that as awesome.

For the ladies (may anyone that has ever done any work with electronics at all cringe at this. Similar for routing skills.)
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Jan 15, 2012,
Quote by Jason Jillard
also, jack white built a guitar in like.. 5 minutes.

so.. har.

Also, he looked like Johnny Depp, and that means that your name and both there names start with a "J" so take that!

If someone helps me with my wiring, I promise to show you the completed bass! I thought it was good before, but apparently not. 2 pickups, on/off switch for each and that's it. I have all grounds connected and joined to bridge, hot from one pickup to one lug on the switch with a wire to the jack on the other lug, same for the other pickup and switch but if one of the switches is on, both pickups are.
jesus h christ are those even soldered??
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Quote by IronMaiden76
jesus h christ are those even soldered??

The jack is... Light switches just have screws you put the wires under, the grounds are just all twisted to hell and duct taped.

Now...

I present...

The worst built this board has seen...

FRETTED UPRIGHT ELECTRIC! This bass has no real application. I took off the tuners because they kinda suck, they're being replaced tomorrow.
Is...is that a...bedpost.....? Well, bravo to you for your upright, the suspense of waiting for the final pic was killing me, and then it's a goddamn bedpost!
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
not quite.. but.. i'm loosing sleep over the idea that sparked in my crazy crazy head.

you will all just have to wait for it to happen. you'll know it when you see it.

I am genuinely curious...

Did you try it at least with strings? I say make it fretless if it works.

I did. And it worked fine. But I prefer fretted.
Kind of reminds me of Fred Mangan's work. Fun idea. I'm going to second the idea of making it fretless, but to get some awesome slide bass action out of it.
bedpost upright bass... the new crazy in guitar building... may have to build one myself
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
you sir are a clever man. oh and you aren't ugly
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
If that were still attached to the bed, I could see it being played live in a lot of adult movies.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by -MintSauce-
Two in the pink, one in the stink.

I'm honestly building a whole series based on those hand gestures. The Rhoads I built was the Shocker, logo included.

Firebird-Teaser.
Explorer-Rocker.
SG-Spocker.
Les Paul/EC-Pleaser.
Semi-Hollow PRS 24-Show Stopper.
Rhoads-Shocker
A full sized upright bass (with double cutaways)-Minivan.

Whatever came of your Rhoads/Alexi by the way? I loved following it until the thread closed.
cool idea, gonna have to take a few points off for having "the shocker" in your pic but other than that very cool
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.