Page 1 of 3
Hello everyone,

I'm a third year university student and am required to write a ten page research based paper on any subtopic within the broad topic of sexuality. I have chosen to go in the direction of sexual orientation as its a topic that is important to me and i feel i can write the most passionate paper about it.

I am having trouble coming up with a good thesis and narrowing down the direction I'd like to take my paper.

My current general thesis is along the lines of "Should the same rights be provided to homosexual and lesbian people/couples that are currently only accepted as heterosexual tradition?"

I don't want my essay to purely be about gay marriage because that's been done before but I also need a broad enough topic that i can write a long essay on.

I was thinking of talking about gay adoption, touching on gay marriage- should society encourage the traditional values and forms of family life on the gay community?, higher rates of depression, suicide, substance abuse by gay individuals due to societal oppression

Basically I was just hoping someone could give me a few ideas as to more argumentative ideas within the gay rights movement and societal acceptance.
"Homosexuality - A bigger threat than we thought?"
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Boy, that's a really original thesis.

Nevermind the fact that it's a question, and not a thesis.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm not getting into this, but I'm gonna watch out this turns out.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
"Homosexuals: kill with fire or kill with kindness?"
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Kensai
"Homosexuality - A bigger threat than we thought?"

Don't forget to mention the gay agenda and the sanctity of marriage.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
"Homosexuality: Communism's plot to spread AIDS?"
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

I think it's high time we had a genocide against heterosexuals. Kind of level the playing field. In all honesty, there's far too many people on this planet for my liking anyways.

People always seem worried that if gay people get married, they'll raise gay kids. Then where the fuck are all these gay people coming from in the first place? It's sure not the gays that are having them, is it?
"Homosexuality - Can we really make enough contingency plans?"
"Homosexuality - A first hand account of gay sex"
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Meh it was worth a shot. Should have known nobody would be mature enough.
"Homosexuality: Should public schools make Eat Da Poo Poo a compulsory course?"
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by bradulator
"Homosexuality - A first hand account of gay sex"

Fix'd
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by W35M4N
I think it's high time we had a genocide against heterosexuals. Kind of level the playing field. In all honesty, there's far too many people on this planet for my liking anyways.

People always seem worried that if gay people get married, they'll raise gay kids. Then where the fuck are all these gay people coming from in the first place? It's sure not the gays that are having them, is it?

You're very right. its an issue that people need to be more educated on.
I think the best way of going about this is doing some in-depth, immersion-based research.

That's right, I'm telling you to get ****ed in the ass and write about your experience.

But seriously, for a research paper, you want to have a research question or thesis (a thesis should be a statement) that you can find evidence to either support or go against. Obviously, with an issue like this you can't "prove" anything beyond a doubt in 10 pages. Also, assuming your prof. has the same idea of research paper that mine have had, your evidence doesn't necessarily have to be proven. You can find that all your evidence points against it.

Questions of ethics really don't work for this. So I'd take the question you have and make it more objective: "Does a monogamous relationship serve the same purpose for homosexual couples as it does for heterosexual couples?" Something along those lines. If you have time to meet up with the prof and run it past them, that's always a good option.

Do you have some kind of specific types of sources you're supposed to use? I'd be very careful, because this is such a hot-button issue, you need to make sure your sources are non-biased.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
"Homosexual Rights - Why not just let the terrorists win too, while you're at it?"
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by W35M4N

Homosexual Rights- W35M4N
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
"Homosexuality - Is it really a mental disorder?" would be a good, debatable thesis.
Quote by guy05
You're very right. its an issue that people need to be more educated on.

The second bit was slightly more serious than the first.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Homosexual Rights- W35M4N

My opinions on things tend to be very highly regarded among the tiny group of people who actually put up with me. "Regarded" and "ignored" are basically the same word, right? I can never remember.
Last edited by W35M4N at Jan 15, 2012,
Write about: gay marriage, gay adoption, gay flamboyancy mirrors straight "grr Im so tough" type stuff, gays are the new black.
"Homosexuality - A crash course in Canadian culture"
"Homosexuality - Do gays really have bigger dicks?" gives you a chance to do some lovely research.

The answer is, of course, yes.

stratkat
Quote by Kensai
"Homosexuality - A crash course in Canadian culture"

You hurt more than just thrastastic with these posts.
"Homosexuality: an A&E biopic looking into the life of Kensai"
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Another thing you might want to address, TS, is the claim that I hear a lot from the anti-gay rights crowd that the struggle for gay civil rights is fundamentally different from black civil rights, and that comparisons between the two are unfair. I personally disagree, but I think it could be interesting to argue it whichever way you feel comfortable.
Why should gay people be given special privileges to marry other dudes? I mean, I can't marry a guy either so it's only fair
I think you could do something about the "gay agenda", work around that and disprove the conspiracy theory of the gay agenda (recruitment schemes and so forth). I think you could do an excellent paper on that.

Other than that, partner dynamics in gay couples maybe? Like how the division of labour looks like maybe? How happy gay couples are together compared to straight ones?

Something about coming out, how generally the close environment to the gay kid/adult took the coming-out, maybe you even can establish some rough outlines on a good way to break the news (based on statistics)?

Quote by Thrashtastic15
"Homosexuality: It's not just Sweden anymore"

You did not just say that?
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Homosexuality - WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!?!

(Invalid img)
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 15, 2012,
Quote by Cianyx
Why should gay people be given special privileges to marry other dudes? I mean, I can't marry a guy either so it's only fair

I'm assuming you're trolling, but in case you aren't, you could if the law was changed, herp derp. They don't show you pictures of cocks and check to see if you get a boner before they allow you to get a marriage license for you and another dude.
Quote by EuBoat
"Homosexuality - Do gays really have bigger dicks?" gives you a chance to do some lovely research.

The answer is, of course, yes.

We do have bigger dicks. Its proven they're on average a half- inch larger than straight men. All the gay bashers are probably just upset by this fact and have no other way of expressing the unhappiness they're little dicks bring to their lives.
Page 1 of 3