I was originally supposed to receive a Charvel So-Ca christmas morning, but unfortunatley my local shop was unable to get in it on time . They told me it would be in sometime around new year's. When I went in to inquire, they told me that it could be until march-april before it came in , so I asked my parents to get their money back and I continued my hunt for a new guitar somewhere else.

After two weeks of searching the used market, I finally found something that interested me. A 2009 Ibanez SV5470A, near perfect condition, with ohcs for $800. I jumped on the chance and ended up getting it for $700 .

Haven't had a chance to play it through my rig(in the middle of moving) but this has to be the smoothest guitar I've ever played. I'm usually not a fan of ibanez, but there is something about the thin carved top that just screams playability. The AANJ makes it a breeze to reach all 24 frets. I personally love guitars with lots of wood grain showing, and the finish on the is just stunning. Much happier with this than I would have been with the charvel. Overall great ngd.

Photos:
http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh553/rox_355/
*sorry for the blurry pics, not sure why they didn't come out
Last edited by rox355 at Jan 15, 2012,
Congrats dude. Ibanez S series guitars are f'king sweet.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
'grats dude. Can't go wrong with an Ibanez Prestige.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
HNGD! Looks sweet!
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I hate anyone who owns an Ibanez prestige. Mainly because I'll most likely never own one lol. HNGD
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
**** bro, thats the one with a non locking trem and can go from hum/sing/hum to sing/sing/sing right?. Dayum bro i've been gassing that for the longest time! lucky bastard. HNGD!
Very nice. I've been gas'n for that beast for a couple years now!
Its mik right?
Anywho happy new prestige day!!
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Very nice. I've been gas'n for that beast for a couple years now!
Its mik right?
Anywho happy new prestige day!!

This one's MIJ. Any Prestige S after 2008 is made in Japan and anything of the 2008 model year and before is made in Korea. I know because my S2170FB is a MIK model and it's a 2008. Some say there's a big difference in quality but I honestly don't see it... then again, maybe it's just mine and I got luckier but mine plays/feels/is built just as well as any other I've tried. All Prestige series guitars are epic.

Anyway, nice guitar man! I was looking for this model in the black blond finish but ended up with an S2170FB because, like you, I found it for a great price. I absolutely adore the S series Ibanez and you literally can't go wrong with a Prestige especially for the price you got it for! HNGD man!
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Last edited by Krauser at Jan 16, 2012,
How's the sustain?

I've been eyeing one of these for a while, but the stories about bad sustain keep me from buying one.