Ive always wanted a jazz box. I came close to a 60's Gibson Barney Kessel a few times, always just missed it. I was perusing CL when I saw this among a few others. A 2004 Ibanez AK85 DVS. The price was right. After checking it out and a short haggle session, I decided it was worth it. After a SERIOUS cleaning and polish, fretboard conditioning, a new set of DiAddario .012 flat wounds and a full setup, she plays SWEET. Plugged in, she has that cool jazz tone you hear out of those old hollow body Gibbys and Guilds. Nice low action, no buzzes. I am surprised how well she is built. Very light, but solid, nice binding all around, 3 piece maple neck, spruce top and maple sides and back (Lam I think), walnut bridge. Nice resonant acoustic sound. I like it.

--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by Lptubeking
That guitar looks amazing! How much did you pay for it?
Shhh... too fiddy!

But I need to find a case for it.

Thanks StoneCold
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
Last edited by Auriemma at Jan 15, 2012,
That's the exact same color scheme as my Sheraton II but the pickguard is nicer. I took the pickguard off mine because it just looked cheap.

The Ibanez body is like a Gibson ES 137. Very nice.
Its a beauty... Just look at the back!

And the flat wounds play SOOO well!
--- Joe ---
Quote by Auriemma
... A 2004 Ibanez AK85 DVS. The price was right. ... After a SERIOUS cleaning and polish, ... I like it.

It's always good to remove all traces of DNA of the previous owner.

Very nice indeed. Hollows and semi-hollows also sound very nice through high gain amps!

Congrats!