ive been looking into downsizing to an avatar 2x12 but im just at a loss as too what speakers to have in them.

unike amps and guitars, i have no experience with different types of speakers. my current crate 4x12 has decent enough speakers IMO but they are unmarked, and im assuming they're crate speakers.

ill be running my BV150 through the cab for pretty much my metal needs, then my vintage modern which i use for my early thrash / shred tones.

v30's seem to be the industry standard, and the WGS clone seems to be a bit better.

out of the speakers that avatar offers for their 2x12's which are as follows:

Celestion: Vintage 30s, G12H30s, G12T75s, Greenbacks, Classic Lead 80s, Hellatone 30s, Hellatone 60s and G12K100s

Eminence Governors, Wizards, Private Jacks, Swamp Thangs

P.S. also wondering, what ohms i should get the cab in? i run my 4x12 in 16 but im lost as to if its different for 2x12's. both my amps have outputs for 4, 8, and 16

*EDIT* also looking at whitebox as they do offer the same cabs for the same price but with more speaker options like the wgs, which is the only speaker i have experience with in my flextone.....

also their logo is cooler
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Jan 15, 2012,
my friend's avatar contemporary with a lead 80 and hellatone 60 sounds great. he plays a wide range of genres. (i'm sure whitebox makes a similar sized cab to the contemporary tho i haven't looked).

i'd go with a 16 ohm set up.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 15, 2012,
how are those speakers going to handle on the bass end, i want to do whatever possible to prevent any flub

*EDIT* though i do like a big low end to my tone
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
the K100's are probably the most solid on the bass end. i have a 4x12" with English K85's (identical to K100's, just changed RMS), and it mates very well with my Blue Voodoo.

i would recommend maybe a K100 V30 combo. i use that a lot. also K100 T75 sounds good as well, may be a little more friendly with the VM. however i haven't played much more than 10 mins on a VM. V30 T75 is an excellent combo for marshalls in general, T75 may hurt the blue voodoo a bit. i didn't like the tone as much of my Blue voodoo with the T75's. its always a gamble.

311 liked a Lead 80 mixed with something i do not remember that he seemed to like with his splawn.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/