Hello all!

I am very new to acoustic guitars, I have been playing on a Les Paul Custom for 2 years, but I want to get into acoustic. I have bought a Takamine EG124C which is wonderful. But it still has the stock strings on it.

What strings should I get for it ? and gauge ?
I'd like a good combination between a warm and "precise" tone.

Thanks !
Good choice of guitar - I used to have a Takamine 12 string, of the 50ish guitars I've owned over the years, it's the only one I regret selling.

I always use Martin strings on my acoustics. Gauge is mostly preference, but a set of .10s should be a good bet to provide you with a nice sounding tone.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
+1 On the Martins. They're nice.

D'Addario are much sharper and crisper sounding I've found though.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I prefer DR strings over the Martins... they feel smoother with less drag on the fingertips. The tone is also more lively.
I like Elixir Nanoweb. They last a lot longer. I think .10s is a bit light for acoustic, I believe .12s are stock usually.
I put martins on pretty much every acoustic I play. They last pretty well, the price isn't killer, and the box is just so cool. C'mon, who can resist those colors!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
elixir or helix strings are my preference. i also prefer a .12 or .11. my coated elixirs lasted forever and i didn't find much of a noticeable difference in tone due to the coating. they just lasted much longer