keepin this short just wanted to know how i could start learning how to use the slap technique on the guitar (when ur slapping the guitar with both hands and using ghost notes

if ya not sure what I mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLNOgcEfBE4
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said
The "slap"sound comes from the string hitting the fret bar at the point where the neck joins the body.

When using the thumb, slap very close to the neck, it'll yield that slap sound much easier.

Also notice that the thumb is at a 45 degree angle, and not parallel with the string at contact. It strikes the string directly from above. Not like finger style where it actually does pluck the string.

As far as rhythm goes, get some manuscript and notate some rhythms you hear in your head.... and listen to some Larry Graham and Stu Hamm.
learn it on bass, honestly, if i couldn't play bass i'd have never been able to attempt tosin abasi's ridiculous glitch-slap technique.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I learned how to slap just by watching les claypool over & over again. Keep in mind I learned on bass first, so the transition to my acoustic was somewhat smooth.
uhm btw nice utube channel 1 ear
"its not the destination.... so much as the journey" one once said