I know I posted a similar thread before, and sorry about that, but I can't find a guitar!! So I decided to post this thread too. Sorry again..

What are some good guitars for rock and metal with an ebony fretboard and 24 frets? And also I want it to be with a whammy bar. I actually found some good guitars with a whammy bar and 24 frets, but they had rosewood fretboards. I want ebony..

Can anybody please help me find a guitar with the specifications I mentioned? I don't care so much about the shape.

Thanks in advance.
Budget?

Edit: You can go custom, for nothing below 1300$. Anything below that is Semi-Custom.

If going custom, I recommend the Carvin CS424. It starts at 1500$, and anything you want to add to it, including a Floyd Rose, will be more money.
Last edited by Cannibal Koala at Jan 16, 2012,
Quote by Cannibal Koala
Budget?

The money is not much of a problem, since I have been saving up (and still) for a new guitar for a while now..
Dean DC6F has original floyd rose, but that pair of EMG's wont give nice clean tones. If you look for metal, it is the best selection. Although it has bolt-on construction, ebony fifngerboard, maple neck and alder body + cheap price makes difference
Farida PRP-16, or PRP-12 for that matter. Played them in a shop before, excellent guitars.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
If you look for something really good, you can also go for a gibson les paul.
Your thread is too vague for us to give you any real suggestions. Please answer these questions and we'll be able to actually help you

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Why does it have to be ebony? You're really limiting your options. Anyway, there's that Schecter Blackjack with Blackouts. It has an ebony fretboard, 24 frets, and you can get it with a Floyd. It's ugly as hell though.
If you are in the UK.

PM me dude. I have exactly the right guitar for you.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
ESP-LTD Horizon FR II meets those requirements
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
BC Rich Mockingbird ST is a rather cheap, good solution.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Warmoth. Pick body shape, pick wood, pick routing, pick finish, pick hardware, pick neck WOOD and FRETBOARD (they have THREE types of ebony) number of frets (Warmoth Pro has 24), neck finish etc.

For you, I'd reccomend a strat/tele body of Alder/Ash/Mahogany/Maple, type of desired floyd, simple pickups combination (1 bridge pickup with volume/tone) probably rear routed, finish you want.

Harware: Pretty straigh-forward. Alder - pick something like a Seymour Duncan JB/'59, Ash - Custom 5/'59/JB, Mahogony - Custom 5/Custom Custom/Alnico 2 Pro/Jazz/'59, Maple - '59/Alnico 2 Pro/JB

Neck: Warmoth Pro, Maple, Ebony, 10-16" compoound radius, floyd rose nut shelf, 24 frets, 6150 fret size, your choice of inlays, neck finish (maybe clear sation nitro for you).

PM me for any other help.
Last edited by Myaccount876 at Jan 16, 2012,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
A "Gary Kramer (RR2) Russian Roulette 2" (Super Strat not a V) would be perfect for you. They are pro quality high end guitars that are fully hand crafted by a Korean Master Luthier (no CNC or assembly lines) and they have custom hand wound pickups modeled after the Seymour Duncan JB/59. Anyone that has played or owns a Gary Kramer knows how fantastic they are and the build quality and service is phenomenal. You can also have them setup to your personal preference and tuning when they do the final QC and setup before they package them. They sell for $899.99 factory direct.
I have no idea where you heard that, but you can email Leo Scala himself and he will tell you that the Gary Kramer RR models are CNC'ed in Korea and then assembled and finished in the USA.

That says nothing about their quality though as a ton of good guitars are made via CNC. But to say something like "they are fully hand crafted by a master luthier" is just misleading and false advertising.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 16, 2012,
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Prs SE Torero is a decently priced option.
Jackson Soloist sl1 Usa if you've money to burn.

I almost bought a Torero. I've played several. Nice guitars but they don't have anything excessively special going for them.

But its all irrelevant unless TS gives more information.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 16, 2012,
I did buy a torero. It sounded, looked and played great.
I needed a new amp and it was my Rg1570 Prestige or the Torero on the chopping block.
Rg1570> Torero in every way imaginable.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
I did buy a torero. It sounded, looked and played great.
I needed a new amp and it was my Rg1570 Prestige or the Torero on the chopping block.
Rg1570> Torero in every way imaginable.

...With a pickup swap and if you like that sorta neck profile. I'm not a fan of super thin necks as i have Paul Gilbert's hands but i'll never have his skill.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
...With a pickup swap and if you like that sorta neck profile. I'm not a fan of super thin necks as i have Paul Gilbert's hands but i'll never have his skill.

Yeah I put in Bkps the day I got it. I have huge alien hands too, but I started with ibbys so it feels pretty natural to me.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
I heard it on the Kramer Forums from one of the guys that work for Gary Kramer. He said that all the import models are hand crafted by Korean Master Luthiers and they do not have a CNC machine and they only have 1 duplicarver and some hand tools nothing big and fancy. I am sure I could go dig up the post.

EDIT: Found the post Go to post 21 from "Dersu Uzala" in this link http://www.kramerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50729 I did not have it word for word but you get the point. So talk to him if it's false advertising, since he works for them.
Yes, and here is the quote from Leo Scala, the person who runs the entire operation

Hello Aaron,

Crusader Limited guitars do not come with cases and they are offered with specifications shown on our website. Blue, Red and Purple have all Maple necks while Amber is the only color which features Bound Rosewood fingerboard.

Russian Roulette is a model where the button for CNC operations was pressed in Korea and all the sanding, fitting, fretting, wiring, assembly work is done in the USA.
Since we bring those instruments to life here in USA and perform about 80% of work here in LA, we refer to them as Born in USA.

Sincerely,

Leo Scala

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/archive/index.php/t-664706.html
I'm sure Leo is a good and honest guy. I'm not condemning his guitars if they're CNC made, Gibson USA line guitars are CNC'ed, PRS guitars are CNC'ed, all non-custom shop Fenders are CNC'ed, etc. etc. I'm sure the GK guitars are great, and if they are fit and finished in the USA then I'm sure their QC stands up. But I've just never heard of a line of guitars selling for $900 being completely handbuilt by a luthier.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 16, 2012,
check out Cort EVLs they are pretty sweet. although some arent 24 frets...
Last edited by jpohl at Jan 17, 2012,