I just joined the Army and bought an acoustic to take around with me seeing as how and electric would probably set some people of whom I'll be living with. I'm going to need a case with it, although I can't find one specifically tailored to the thinline bodystyle.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-APX500IIFM-Flame-Maple-Thinline-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-106869142-i1987220.gc

That's the guitar right there, any suggestions?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Can't you just get a normal acoustic guitar case and fill it up with filler (like polystyrene or something) to accommodate the guitar properly?
I know of people who have done this to bass guitar cases to accommodate jazz box guitars instead of getting a case specific to the size.
i'm assuming your leaving the guitar home until after basic? or do you really wanna sing love songs to your DI? definitely leave it at home until you post your FIGMO. after that you'll be billeted up with just one other guy, then you can put it anywhere in your room. or you can send us pics of you standing on the PG in a pretty pink skirt playing barry manilow ballads .
I have a SKB thinline case for mine, they come in a least three sizes, they are very plush inside and sturdy.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Step Child that was very amusing, but of course I'm waiting for AIT to take it with me. They'd probably smash it over my knee at boot.

Do you have a link to the exact case you have man?
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
My med. jumbo thin fits perfectly in the SKB-30. As for your guitar, your best bet is to just call Guitar Center customer service directly and give them your brand and model #, they will be able to tell you which case size you need.

I'm pretty sure some other brands also make thinline cases.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/SKB,Guitar-Cases-and-Gig-Bags-Stringed-Instrument-Cases---Gig-Bags,New-Gear,Page-1.gc?ipp=25
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Thanks man. I'll probably just go to Guitar Center and order one. I just hate going through them now, the first acoustic I picked up (same model and everything) had a broken bracing inside of it. The guy tried playing it off as fret buzz, yeah, TOTALLY FRET BUZZ!
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
dammit, i haven't seen a good barry manilow cover in ages ! oh.... and good luck and congrats useful ! dont forget... when in the grenade pit... lead with your other hand and don't throw the friggin' pin instead !!!!!!!
I'll make sure not to mix the two up! haha
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Thanks man. I'll probably just go to Guitar Center and order one. I just hate going through them now, the first acoustic I picked up (same model and everything) had a broken bracing inside of it. The guy tried playing it off as fret buzz, yeah, TOTALLY FRET BUZZ!

Where you purchase your gear is certainly your own bussiness, I'm sure there are other retailers, both brick and mortar, and online, that carry these. For my own reasons, whenever possible, I prefer to make my purchases from indepent shops or online. Independants may not be to always match pricing, but they usually can get somewhat close. I use Guitar Center mostly as a pricing resource.

When it come to guitars, it's buyer beware, no matter where you buy from. I always recommend to people to learn at least a little about guitar construction before making purchases. Before I make a final decision on a guitar, I always use a dental mirror and a penlight to inspect the inside. I check for well fitting joints and bracing, cracks, and general workmanship. Once, while checking out a used guitar for an aquaintance that was looking to buy from a private seller, I found a little rolled up plastic bag taped on the inside of the guitar, it had two joints in it, we all had a good laugh.
That's hilarious! Yeah it was my bad for sure, but the guy trying to pawn it off as fret buzz shouldn't have acted the way he did. Luckily I wasn't new to this and understood what fret buzz really sounded like.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone