I don't have a bass guitar but I want to start practicing mixing. Do you guys have any Bass guitar VSTI's you'd recommend? I've looked around and found a few but I haven't been able to hear any good demo's of them to see if I would like them or not.

Thanks everyone. Cheers.

(Btw, not meaning an amp sim, a literal bass guitar VSTI for programming each note.)
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
Quote by Weirdbag
4front got a bass vsti... but maybe you want to consider to just play the guitar as a bass and the pitch the guitar down an octave?

If he wants to practice mixing, this won't work too well because the timbre of a bass is different to a guitar.
The 4front thing: http://www.yohng.com/software/bass.html - it isn't that amazing but it sounds like a bass guitar (ish).
Or you can buy guitar rig by native instruments if you have money (if you do, you could just buy a bass guitar haha so I'm guessing you meant free)
Last edited by captainsnazz at Jan 16, 2012,
Quote by captainsnazz
If he wants to practice mixing, this won't work too well because the timbre of a bass is different to a guitar.
The 4front thing: http://www.yohng.com/software/bass.html
Or you can buy guitar rig by native instruments if you have money (if you do, you could just buy a bass guitar haha so I'm guessing you meant free)

I'll probably be buying a bass guitar after I actually do some research on one but yeah for right now I'm just looking for a free-mid price VSTI.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I'll go check em out.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
Simply pitch shifting guitar parts can get some decent results, better than synth bass at least.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Trilian is really the only good one on the market. Expensive, but it sounds excellent, really the only one I've used worth spending money on.

If you want a free one, though, the ones included with Kontakt Player in the free Factory Selection are decent enough to get you started.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Love Trilian. Can't go wrong with it.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Trilian is pretty good, very wide variety.
Prominy SR5 is fast becoming my favorite go-to rock bass VSTi.