So, the other day I picked up a set of mics for my drums, and I have to say, I'm surprised at how well they work.

For my Kick and Snare, I bought the Audix i5 and D6. They sound amazing. My kick has that awesome, beefy tone, and my snare really cracks. Definitely a good quality product.

for my toms/Overheads, the salesman actually talked me into getting a Digital Reference DRDK 7 mic pack. Being that I have 5 toms, I used the 4 DRST100s on my toms, and the DRK100 on my lowest floor tom (16.")

I figured they were a cheaper product, and I wasn't going to love them, but my total cost was about $1400, which was a little stretch on my budget already.

However, I have to say I'm reasonably impressed with the tones I'm getting. My toms sound nice and punchy, and the overhead condensers (DRC100) do a great job of picking up my cymbals.

I'm running it all through a Behringer XENYX X2442USB Mixer. The brand made me nervous, but I've had no issues at all with this thing, and I really like the dual mid EQs. I haven't tried the USB out yet.

Overall, with a little EQing, the mics are performing outstandingly, and I have to say, I'm quite happy with my purchase. I'll post a video in a couple days, if anyone is interested in the overall sound.
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
^post some samples man.

Also is there any thread about recording drums or should I just go to the recording forum?
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by Ostinattos
^post some samples man.

Also is there any thread about recording drums or should I just go to the recording forum?

If you want to ask a question on recording your drums you can go to either forum. What do you have in mind?
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Ostinattos
^post some samples man.

post it here. the more we post the more we can grow the drum forums. we don't want to pull anybody away from here.

shit i feel bad that i haven't done enough posting, but part of that is because i don't have threads popping up that i get notification on. i kind of forget
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Drum Mic Test

So here is the test recording I made. Sorry I was so late, I had a busy couple weeks at work. I was just trying to play everything i had, to get an overall feel of the sound. Not trying to impress, and I slowed down a couple times when I decided I wanted to hit something, and thought better of it, haha.

Let me know what you think.
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I