So I just designed my dream stratocaster

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heroiham/6710226667/in/photostream/

And the body is mahogany, but I was wondering could I get a similar look with alder? Or should I just spend a little extra to spring for mahogany? And also will mahogany relic like how it is in the picture, there isn't really a finish to it, I like the natural wood look, thanks

Also where can I find a mahogany strat body (preferable not warmoth, they're just to damn expensive!!)
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Mahogany will not wear to that lighter neutral color. It's a dark wood. But alder will have the lighter color. It would also have a different grain and different tonal qualities.
Second thing is that if you're looking for a "natural wear" even an alder body stained mahogany would probably never wear down like that.
So I should go for alder, and it doesn't have to look natural, different is fun some times
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
I built my own mahogany strat a while back and if you start with a particularly blonde piece you can usually bleach it to that color. I had to bleach mine so I could throw on the stain I wanted without it turning green.
Aren't you concerned with tone? Alder and Mahogany are pretty different tone wise. Get what sounds good, not what looks good. :P

-Tony
Haha tone does play abig part, that's why I came here I guess, I know very little about guitar building, so I'd love some advice
And thanks for the suggestions so far guys!
~Jimi Hendrix
Check this out.
http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/bodies/options/bodywoodoptions.aspx

In my opinion the wood the guitar is made out of and the size and shape of the body are just as important as the pickups when it comes to the tone. So many people just concerned with the pickups that they forget to listen to the guitar unplugged.

Alder sounds pretty bright. It's good for rock, punk, screaming solos and shredding.
Mahogany is warmer and more "woody" a must for blues, jazz, classic rock, and metal.

-Tony