Both pretty similar guitars, the ESP Ltd Viper just looks like kind of a more expensive rip off of the SG Prophecy Custom with weird inlays. Would I be right in saying that with EMG 81/85 sets they are going to sound pretty similar anyway? Another guitar in my price range that I was considering was the Schecter Damien Elite (no Floyd Rose), but the bolt-on has kind of put me off. Both of the SG models aren't bolt ons and I like the look of them more. Anyway, heres some links to specs/price etc. the Epiphone is the cheapest, so I'm most fond of it.

Epiphone SG Prophecy EX
http://www.dv247.com/guitars/epipho...ht-ebony--53571

ESP Ltd Viper 300FM
http://www.andertons.co.uk/solid-bo...=GoogleShopping

Schecter Damien Elite 6
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product...ck~ID~15193.asp

Just want to know some opinions on each model. I live in a wonderful place where theres like 2 guitar shops that sell basically no guitars, so unfortunately I'm unable to try any of them
Why not get a used Gibson SG special? Higher quality and if you can try it out, thats much better than and ltd or an epi. Also depends on what music you'll be playing. It looks like your looking at Metal-oriented guitars. If that's the case, there's better metal guitars in that price range.
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Quote by JoeFlips
Why not get a used Gibson SG special? Higher quality and if you can try it out, thats much better than and ltd or an epi. Also depends on what music you'll be playing. It looks like your looking at Metal-oriented guitars. If that's the case, there's better metal guitars in that price range.

Looking for metal guitars, never had much luck buying anything that's used unfortunately. £389 for the Epi, active EMGs 81/85, set neck, 24 frets, and with a free hard case on a trusted website (andertons, uk) seems like a great deal. Just wondering what the deal is with these things, apparently they are good quality, don't see why they are so cheap for the features they have. Also I can't really find other metal guitars in my price range (£400-£500) that have the features I want (active EMGs, set neck/neck through, no FR, 24 frets). If you know of any could you tell me? cheers mate
I actaully played the Epiphone at my local guitar shop. Really awesome. Esp makes good guitars too though. I would go with the Epiphone.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
I own the Futura EX and I've played the SG Custom that you're looking at. Great guitar. Nice and light. Thin, fast nick, great for shred. Not real complaints about it. I honestly don't think you can buy anything new with that sort of money that'll be better or even close to being as good.

One thing that's interesting is that i've played the living shit out of mine and the satin finish on the back of the neck has worn in. It actually feels better than when the guitar was new. It felt like crap when it was half worn, but now that its almost down to a gloss, it feels really lived in and nice.

£389 is a crazy good deal for that guitar. I bought mine nearly 3 years ago and it cost me £500
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 16, 2012,