Hey guys, my birthday is coming up soon (March 13th) and I want some guitar related stuff, now, I have quite a dilemma; I want either a) A new guitar b) New Amp c) or new acoustic

Firstly, the new guitar I was looking at was the Fender Baja Player Telecaster, which, from previous experience with tele's and various Youtube videos, appears to be both good quality and sounding great.
**EDIT**
Also thinking about the Fender Jaguar with Humbuckers (HH I think it's called)

If I went for the amp (since my MAIN ,but not only, genre is metal, think Thrash, Death, etc) I was looking into the Peavey 6505 Combo, whcih sounds amazing which will replace my current amp (Line 6 Spider 15).

As for the acoustic direction, I was thinking somewhere on the lines of an ovation, but I still haven't decided..

So, UG, if in my position, what would YOU do?

Thanks, Loha
Last edited by Loha101 at Jan 16, 2012,
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
100% amp. Dont even think about a new guitar.

Hmm, Do you reckon the 6505's any good?
Certainly. I chose the blackstar ht-5 over the 5150 112 personally because I dont trust chinese quality, but theres 100's if not thousands here that have the 5150 112 and are perfectly happy.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
100% amp. Dont even think about a new guitar.

This, buying a new guitar and putting it through your spider will only make the guitar sad.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
This, buying a new guitar and putting it through your spider will only make the guitar sad.

Haha, the clean channel farts out, and if you press clean it has some horrible ass effects on it, but I was talking to Corey out of Trivium and he recommended the 6505 to me
He would. Lol. Did he tell you he sets his Bass/Mid/Treble to 6/6/6?
Again, lol.

Im going to see them with in flames on jan 28th!
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
He would. Lol. Did he tell you he sets his Bass/Mid/Treble to 6/6/6?
Again, lol.

Im going to see them with in flames on jan 28th!

Hehe, he just said that the 6505's are killer amps and all that, will be playing a Epiphone Alpine White V through it, but I', debating placing ZW EMG's in at the risk of ever blandening (Real Word? :P) the clean tones of the spider
you have a spider!? dude go for a new amp for the love of every good grandma in the world!!
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Quote by drying out
you have a spider!? dude go for a new amp for the love of every good grandma in the world!!

Well, everybody, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, appreciate it, will be getting the 6505+ combo in march, hope guitarguitar newcastle have it so I can demo it \m/
To take off the effects you rotate the fx knob and then set it to 0. Then keep the clean channel pressed till it saves.

Read the manual
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
for the love of good lord and all that is holy, (and unholy) get the 6505! once you get it, downgrading is...just a no. especially to a line 6 spider 15. trust me, im away from my dual rectafier right now, so i have to play on a spider 3 30 watt. it sucks so bad.
Quote by JKHC
To take off the effects you rotate the fx knob and then set it to 0. Then keep the clean channel pressed till it saves.

Read the manual

Haha, thanks, I really should have down that
Quote by Are you Ready?
for the love of good lord and all that is holy, (and unholy) get the 6505! once you get it, downgrading is...just a no. especially to a line 6 spider 15. trust me, im away from my dual rectafier right now, so i have to play on a spider 3 30 watt. it sucks so bad.

I bet, but, being 14, money is quite the object :P Still, for my birthday I'll get the 6505+
6505 Combos are not really comparable tonally to their half stack older brothers. But they'll still be miles better than your spider.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Amp. Your Spider is garbage, your guitar will sound bad no matter what guitar it is. Also, +1 to the 6505, it's a good amp.