The wire that grounds my guitar has snapped off only one of the two wires is connected to my input jack. When I plug my guitar in it just makes a buzzing noise. I cannot find the wire that broke off but I can see where the wire snapped. Is there anyway I can fix my guitar without paying a professional? If not how much will it cost me to get a new wire put in?
Just take a new length of wire and solder one end to the top of the tone pot and the other end to the sleeve of the jack.
How can you not find the wire?
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Jan 16, 2012,
sometimes the "one" wire you see
is actually a sleeve and inside that
tube are the 2 wires.
so if you have any slack,
strip the sleeve a little and find the
other wire end.

add to it like said and so on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
That seems odd. Make sure you pull off any remaining wire from the ground off of the pot and jack.

Did you check what jenny said?
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Jan 16, 2012,
Quote by withoutusername
The wire that grounds my guitar has snapped off only one of the two wires is connected to my input jack. When I plug my guitar in it just makes a buzzing noise. I cannot find the wire that broke off but I can see where the wire snapped. Is there anyway I can fix my guitar without paying a professional? If not how much will it cost me to get a new wire put in?
If the wire still has enough length, you can probably reattach the old one, otherwise you will probably have to replace it. As to whether or not you need a professional to do it? That's kind of up to you and how much you want to be able to do yourself. Replacing a wire is very easy, all you need is a screw driver and a soldering iron and some solder.
Thanks everyone this helped a lot. the wire does contain two smaller wires and it will be an easier fix than I thought.