I play bass (a Squier VM Jaguar) and I am looking for some effects. I am looking for a compressor, fuzz, overdrive, delay, and reverb. I don't gig or anything, but I sometimes play with some other people. They don't have to be super high quality (or high quality for that matter), and they have to be fairly cheap, below a $100. I don't care if they are for bass or for guitar, but if they are guitar, be sure that it won't cut the low end too much. I am OK with SOME low end loss, but not a lot.

Some pedals I was thinking of were Bass Big Muff Pi, Boss ODB-3, MXR M-102, Rogue Analog Delay, but I know nothing about any of these pedals (or any pedals, really) besides that the first to pedals are for bass and the last two are for guitar.

Thanks.

Edit: I've also heard a lot of good things about the Swollen Pickle..
Last edited by Bloodbuzz at Jan 16, 2012,
Highly recommend the Big Muff, I wouldn't go anywhere with out it.

Delays and reverb don't really take any low end. It's mainly fuzz, distortion, modulations and wah/eq that effect tone.

Compression on the other hand, either compress the signal (no dynamics), boost the overall sustain and signal and effect the attack of the note. Compressors may all add/take away highs, it all depends on what type of compressor. Also they can be noisy

I'd highly recommend EHX (may be expensive depending on your country) and Dunlop/any of their sister companies
Swollen Pickle is fantastic for bass or guitar. I've used both a Bass Big Muff, and a Boss bass overdrive, and I never felt like they were incredibly useful in the long run. If you can afford the Pickle, do it for sure. If you can find one used, a Sansamp Paradriver or Bass Driver would be great too.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
In terms of bass drive pedals...I just got a Tronographic Rusty Box > http://www.tronographic.com/. A bit more expensive than you mention but an awesome pedal for driving bass and keeping clarity. It's a replica of an old Traynor solid state amp that Shellac and The Jesus Lizard use and you can get an identical sound to those records with it. Check out Goat by the Jesus Lizard to hear the original Traynor amp in action and the pedal gets it perfect. I must have had 10 or more drive pedals in the last 10 years and this is the one.
Bass guitar has pedals?
Thought bassists were limited to clean or OD/dist.

Delay on a bass!? What has this world come to?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Bass guitar has pedals?
Thought bassists were limited to clean or OD/dist.

Delay on a bass!? What has this world come to?

Yeah! Only guitarist should get pedals! Screw bass players!
Google search what your interested in, look up reviews videos. It's easier and takes less time than waiting for people to throw stuff at you. At under $100 you can just search "budget bass fuzz" etc. Their are a lot of options under $100 but most are generic and relabled chinese manufactured stuff. Or cheaper or on sale boss, digitech etc.
boss odb-3 is soooooooooooooooooooooo dirty! My buddy uses one with his jazz bass and its retarded. I'm looking at picking one up once I stop being poor.
Quote by &baconstrips
boss odb-3 is soooooooooooooooooooooo dirty! My buddy uses one with his jazz bass and its retarded. I'm looking at picking one up once I stop being poor.

It's mentally challenged?
Quote by Bloodbuzz
It's mentally challenged?

Sorry, I got all excited about it and am now listening to dfa1979
All those pedals even the dirt ones are very different, look up some youtube examples it helps a lot. Some people need a little dirt, some people need a OD driving a fuzz driving a fuzz driving a hot tube amp.
Quote by &baconstrips

I have one and actually trying to get a good setting out it other than pure dirt can be challenging. Its more fuzz than OD. I am seriously looking at replacing mine in the near future with a better option. Its a great pedal at first but its limitations come forth rather quickly.
If you play guitar as well, a bad monkey is cheap and has a low end knob, goes from clean boost to good amount of dirt.

Can be modded to increase bass response, but works for me as is.
Have you tried EBS?
Gear:

Sandberg California TM5
Jackson C20J
EBS MultiComp
Boss ODB-3
MXR El Grande Bass Fuzz
Warwick Blue Cab 30.1 (home)
Laney RB9 and Laney RB 410
Dunlop Big Stubby 2mm
Levy's Strap
Cordial cables (Roadline, Silent, Encore)