No, I'm not trolling. This is genuinely the most awesomely 'none more black' metal-looking Telecaster I've ever seen, and by god it's the new Avril Lavigne signature model (well it's not so much a new model, just a new look):

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0301012506

No tone control? Metal.
Single high-output ceramic humbucker? Metal.
Black everything? Metal.
Skull & crossbones? Metal.

It even has two types of coil splitting, and we all know that coil splitting makes any guitar twice as br00tal. So two types of coil splitting must mean it's four times as CRUSHING!

In all seriousness, if I can find one of these that doesn't have terrible fretwork then I'll buy one. The risk of dodgy frets (it is MIC or MII, after all) is the only thing that puts me off, since nearly any other problem can be easily fixed/replaced and you have to admit, if you didn't know this was the Avril Lavigne model you'd think this was pretty great. It's not often you see a humbucker-esquire, 22-fret Telecaster show up. The other (checkerboard pickguard) Avril Tele goes for just over the £200 mark and I would assume this version will cost the same since the technical spec is no different, so for a backup rock 'n' roll beater you can't really complain.

Edit: okay, I've been a naughty boy and put in a pre-order for one already. I've been meaning to get a guitar for Drop C anyway.
Edit 2: I just saw that Fender have also announced a 27" Tele, the Blacktop Telecaster Baritone. They're going all heavy on us! I wonder how long it will be before they start bringing back the 7-string Strats?
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jan 16, 2012,
I like it, it seems practical and simple. I wouldn't mind purchasing one. It reminds me of the Slipknot guy's Telecaster.
I'd rather just buy the John 5 strat. I would even be able to play it knowing it's avril lavine's guitar.
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
if it came with a nude photoshoot of avril i'd buy it
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
My Judas Priest "Hellbent For Leather" side kinda likes the look.
My Johnny Cash side raises an eyebrow at the Pickup, lack of tone control, and cliche skull.
My practical side tells me that any high output ceramic pickup made by Squire is going to sound like nails on a chalkboard.

Thank you practical side.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by mike_oxbig
if it came with a nude photoshoot of avril i'd buy it
Eh, you know that would get scanned and uploaded to the internet within a couple of days anyway.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I...might have to get one of those.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
hijack alert: this thread is now about slutty pictures of avril lavigne.

Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
anyone have any idea how they did the wiring? been trying to figure out how to select certain coils for a while.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
anyone have any idea how they did the wiring? been trying to figure out how to select certain coils for a while.

I wish I knew - I'll be able to tell you once mine arrives and I open it up! I've done wiring before which was split/parallel/split (just wire a humbucker up as if it's two single coil pickups), but not split/series/split. The Seymour Duncan site has a diagram for series/split/parallel, which is the closest I've seen anyone else go to the Avril style.
That Bari Tele sounds awesome
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
That tele looked awsome! Perfekt bash and smash guitar.

I would change the tuners to locking and drop an EVH Frankenstein humbucker.

Then it would be sweeeeeeeeeett.
Too bad it doesn't have an ebony fretboard.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41

Why? Ebony fretboards can sound too bright. And this is a tele we're talking about here.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Meh.

I would rather fender just reissue the old Flat Top Tele.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by FatalGear41
While that would complete the look, in all fairness there's no tone control. Even guitars with mahogany bodies get painfully bright when you combine a bolt-on maple/ebony neck and have no tone.

Quote by Tom 1.0
Meh.

I would rather fender just reissue the old Flat Top Tele.
Ooh, explain. I'm trying to learn more about Fender's production history and Google's turning up nowt but knobs (nothing new there).
Too bad this is actually an esquire

(I like it though.....)
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by SYLrules88

My guess is a simple on-off-on SPDT switch in a config something like this:

- +ve output + start of coil 1
- Start coil 2 and end of coil 1
- Ground + End of coil 2

(That's the lugs on the bottom of the switch btw. The +ve output connects to volume/tone and the tip... You should get the humbucker sound in the middle position then either coil in the top or bottom position.)

Obviously converted to whatever wire colours you want to use.

You could come up with more sophisticated methods to change the order of the switching (e.g. make the humbucking position down) but it's necessary.

I will say though: for most of the humbuckers on the market this is a waste of time, you won't hear a significant difference between the coils. The only caveat is an assymetric bucker in which case you will hear a difference (or if you're combining the coils with other pickups in/out of phase.)

NB: I have only thought this through in my head briefly, I may not have described this correctly, but in my head it's right damn it!
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
There really aren't very many slutty pictures of avril lavigne out there. No wonder the hijacking didn't work.

Although I did find this which made me LMFAO

NSFW: (picture removed)

People are sick.
Quote by stepchildusmc
^ I like how the guy put it in a plastic wallet so he didn't get cum on the actual picture.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER