Page 1 of 2
How important are they to you?

I knicked my dad's expensive earphones and I actually can't believe the difference. I always bought crap quality, thinking it didn't matter. Or I'd listen through my computer speakers. Now I've seen the light.

Little things are awesome. Con sord trumpets in 'Blue Moon' I never noticed ;____;

What about you pit? What are your opinions about getting a good pair of headphones?
considering how many earphones ive utterly destroyed, i stopped buying them and they are no longer important. there are two things i just cannot be responsible and careful with: earphones and ****ing sunglasses
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
It is important but also if all your music is in 128 kbps there isn't much difference. I prefer headphones over earphones though.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Extremely important as you need a reliable, high-quality, non-EQ'd way of listening to the tracks you've recorded to mix and edit them properly.
My God, it's full of stars!
I have 3 decent pairs of headphones and each bring out some sort of EQ difference. My Skull Candy's deliver more bass then my Creative which gives more treble and mids. In-ear earphones gives me a limited range of that sound. Im also planning to buy a Shure SRH 440 so get the most variety of sound I can.

For me, Its very important, others may or may not disagree
Just got ahold of my new pair of ATH-M50 headphones, and it's lovely how much clearer everything sounds now. :3
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
Not very. I find the $20 JVC Walmart earbuds do the job for me.
I pride myself on my humility.
JVC Gumy's are what I use. $10. Durable, and sound better than almost all earbuds I've used.

Lately I've been thinking about shelling out some money for a really nice pair of over-ear headphones but have no clue what to get.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I can't remember what specific type they are, but I have a pair of Sony earbuds that have lasted me 2+ years and sound absolutely amazing. $20 a pair, and I've gone through two pairs in probably 4-5 years. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find them anymore, and my pair is starting to fall apart.

Edit: Mdr-Ed12Lp's.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Jan 17, 2012,
Important, but it's hard to get earphones for little ears that fit.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
as long as they arent fuzzy and shit and the music is relatively clear, im good. im too poor and humble to want good, expensive ones lol
I am currently wearing a nice pair of headphones, I love them. Both for listening to music and for mixing my own stuff, works way better than just normal earbuds, although I have a pair of those too for walking around.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I'd definitely like to own a pair of quality headphones, as long as they're reasonably priced. I went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up season three of Breaking Bad and a guy paid $300 for some MW3 Turtle Beaches. I almost cried.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Last edited by Guitarman015 at Jan 17, 2012,
Of course it's important. I cannot properly listen to music unless I have a decent pair of un-tangled earphones.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
ever since i got my majestic pair of sennheiser HD280 PROs, headphones are very important. its like having sex with a condom on, and then finally being able to take it off and feel what its supposed to feel like... iv never had such an intense BTBAMgasm before these perky boobies on my ears
Important? **** no. Awesome? aww yeeeaa

I use my apple headphones, which are shit. But my old friend (and producer) had a pair of (imo) overpriced monitors and only downloaded music in higher quality. Listening to stuff on his laptop was incredible, listening to stuff on his laptop high...out of this ****ing world, man.
Just for walking around i use my ipod headphones, which are fairly horrible, but they were free. for listening at my computer or whatever i've got a pair of Bose On ears. expensive but worth it, just need to use the bass reducer on the EQ for rock. for Dance and electronic music they're perfect.
www.last.fm/user/hetfieldjr (its really old)

top 5 bands:
Every Time I Die
Parkway Drive
La Dispute
Mastodon
Brand New

Quote by smb
I listen to everything from stoner to doom.

Quote by Duffman123
Even sludge?
I remember that I always used to have some crappy earplugs until I was 15, when I first decided to buy better earphones on a budget: http://www.homehardware.ca/products/300/35151251.jpg (€30)
They weren't that bad IMO, I could really hear a difference in the bass sound for the first time.

When I was 18 I finally came to the conclusion that if I really want superior sound it wouldn't hurt to invest a little money for some proper headphones, and that's just what I did: Sennheiser HD 438
They cost me €80 and I don't regret buying them at all. The first time I really turned up the volume a beautiful eargasm followed.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Very important if you wan't to seriously listen to music. A good source is also important.
Quote by So-Cal
Very important if you wan't to seriously listen to music. A good source is also important.

Talk about agitating a nazi man
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Talk about agitating a nazi man

Oh geeze, I haven't woken up yet.

+

makes any p.o.s player amazing

If I have some spare cash I'll be happily spend £200 and get the Triple fi. 3 drivers is just crazy.

too bad they don't come in clear though :
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
A good set of headphones are essential. Earphones in my experience always break and good ones are really expensive.

Quote by JayT44
JVC Gumy's are what I use. $10. Durable, and sound better than almost all earbuds I've used.

Lately I've been thinking about shelling out some money for a really nice pair of over-ear headphones but have no clue what to get.

Sennhieser HD201; Can't beat them for the price. Just because they're $20 doesn't mean they suck.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 17, 2012,
Crucial.

Personally I have the Apple In-Ear Headphones, the £60 ones. They're decent, well cheap to say they have two drivers.

For when I'm at home, I steal my brothers Shure studio monitors:
http://www.shure.co.uk/products/headphones/srh840

They're amazing. I'm actually listening to burial on them now. Beauts.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by theguitarist

+

makes any p.o.s player amazing

If I have some spare cash I'll be happily spend £200 and get the Triple fi. 3 drivers is just crazy.

too bad they don't come in clear though :

Don't fancy going for a whole grand for the AKG K3003 in ears?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Don't fancy going for a whole grand for the AKG K3003 in ears?

lol, I maintain that past the £300 mark you can't tell the difference. Just like you can't tell the difference past 320kbps mp3s.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
lol, I maintain that past the £300 mark you can't tell the difference. Just like you can't tell the difference past 320kbps mp3s.

I'll agree with that on in-ears. Proper headphones are a different kettle of fish, even with my almost non working right ear.
Very important. I have some grado sr80i's and they shit over the headphones I used to own (some 10 quid cheap ones).

Also, it's very important to buy a good headphone amp and a DAC. A headphone amp will properly drive your cans by making the signal clearer and a DAC (digital to analogue coverter) will improve the signal, giving you a warmer, crisper sound. Using hi-end headphones directly into poor sound cards/in built drivers in mp3 players etc will massively reduce the sound quality, so you need to buy some stuff to keep the signal in check.

Also, the source of your music (320kb mp3s, flac etc) are important.
Last edited by Blacknoise at Jan 17, 2012,
Quote by Blacknoise
Very important. I have some grado sr80i's and they shit over the headphones I used to own (some 10 quid cheap ones).

Also, it's very important to buy a good headphone amp and a DAC. A headphone amp will properly drive your cans by making the signal clearer and a DAC (digital to analogue coverter) will improve the signal, giving you a warmer, crisper sound. Using hi-end headphones directly into poor sound cards/in built drivers in mp3 players etc will massively reduce the sound quality, so you need to buy some stuff to keep the signal in check.

Also, the source of your music (320kb mp3s, flac etc) are important.

Honestly don't know where I'd be without my Audiolab M-Dac.
A pair of $30 skullcandy headphones. I never had the money to get a good pair of any headphones but since working I had the opportunity. Headphones/earphones were always important to me so I'm at least satisfied with these. I can actually pay attention to the bass guitar and hear the individual drums easier.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Dreadnought
Extremely important as you need a reliable, high-quality, non-EQ'd way of listening to the tracks you've recorded to mix and edit them properly.

You also need shitty ones and more standard quality ones to see if your mixes sound good through headphones that the average person will be using
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
ever since i got my majestic pair of sennheiser HD280 PROs, headphones are very important. its like having sex with a condom on, and then finally being able to take it off and feel what its supposed to feel like... iv never had such an intense BTBAMgasm before these perky boobies on my ears

What this guy said. My HD280 Pros are my baby
Quote by entity0009
You also need shitty ones and more standard quality ones to see if your mixes sound good through headphones that the average person will be using

Yeah, no doubt
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 2