I got a new guitar with double lock sistem, which they said was the best sistem. However, I find it very difficult to tune my guitar and when I have to unlock the guitar it takes a lot of time. Also when a string is broken, it is very hard to change it. I'm always affraid a string will brake during the a concert...
tuning and changing strings on floyd is just matter of experience. It's painful from the start, but when you get used to it, it's not really much worse than changing strings on regular guitar. And tuning wise....the whole point of double-locking tremolo is that you don't have to re-tune (just slight corrections and you should have fine-tuners at the bridge for that purpose)
Quote by KorYi
tuning and changing strings on floyd is just matter of experience. It's painful from the start, but when you get used to it, it's not really much worse than changing strings on regular guitar. And tuning wise....the whole point of double-locking tremolo is that you don't have to re-tune (just slight corrections and you should have fine-tuners at the bridge for that purpose)

But for example, between songs, it you want to change the tune to drop D for example, you have to open the lock, right?
You don't change tunings on a floating bridge, you pick one and leave it. No matter what you do re-tuning is always going to be a fiddly and time consuming process.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If your changing tuning for diffrent songs use two guitars, cos unless ur full of it and worring about playing shows when u just brought ur first guitar, u should have another
EVH has a D-Tuna that can drop your E to a D if you switch back and forth a lot, but I do not own one or know how well it really works.