Okay so I've got a soundcard interface which I plug my guitar into, and then I use POD farm from LINE 6 as amp simulator. The problem is, when I turn the gain up as much as I want, you hear the noice of me changing chords 10 times louder. What can I do to avoid that? Or is it just me that can't play clean enough?
Turning the gain up is where you get your distortion from. For clean sounds use less gain.
Hey dude, can u upload it anywhere to hear it, hard to say without hearing it, when u say chord change noise, is that as in like scratching between chords?
Quote by Farbeyondforums
Hey dude, can u upload it anywhere to hear it, hard to say without hearing it, when u say chord change noise, is that as in like scratching between chords?

It's the scratching when you touch the strings with distortion. I always create that noise when changing chords. I don't have anything recorded yet, because I deleted it, because it had too much noise xD
Lots of this is due to your playing. Lots of it is due to probably too much gain and a crappy pod farm tone. Keep searching for a good solid tone from your pod farm. I think there is a metal pack or something for it that was recomended in another thread but im not sure myself. As for the scratchy sound that is simply your fingers sliding across the strings. You will in time learn to work with it. For instance, sometime you will progress from one chord to another chord by lifting your hand completely off all strings and palm muting notes in between. Sometimes you will change chords real quick to minimize the sliding time. Other times you might use that sound as in a "pick slide". Just keep rockin and the noise will get better as your teqniques improve..