Page 1 of 6
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a360227/homeless-man-hands-back-7000-euros.html

A homeless man in Austria has handed back 7,000 Euros (£5,700) he discovered on the street over Christmas.

Hermann Schleichert made the honest decision to give the four-figure sum to police in Vienna, despite only having 80 cents (66p) and an empty packet of cigarettes to his name.

The owner of the money better give him some, otherwise he goes onto my list of being a dickcunt
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Natural selection.
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
He's a better man than I would be
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
He should've kept it all.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 17, 2012,
Great guy. I found a fiver at the foot of the bar the other day, and assumed it had fallen from the girl who had just ordered's wallet, so picked it up and went to give it to her. Don't think it was hers.
I would buy that homeless man a nice, full packet of cigs if he returned me my money.
Quote by Jackson kv
he thinks he's people

Truth.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
what a nice man, how noble, good for him
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by girlgerms007
what a nice man, how noble, good for him

Not really good for him, though. I mean, if he's happy with himself then sure, good for him...

But I can see him kicking himself later for handing it in. Half of me hopes there was actually $10000 and he split it 70/30.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Not really good for him, though. I mean, if he's happy with himself then sure, good for him...

But I can see him kicking himself later for handing it in. Half of me hopes there was actually $10000 and he split it 70/30.

yes, good for him, his honesty and integrity is maintained and that is worth more than the cash
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Quote by girlgerms007
yes, good for him, his honesty and integrity is maintained and that is worth more than the cash

I disagree.

I don't condone theft, but I don't condemn opportunism.

EDIT: Opportunism has negative connotations. I will endeavour to find a more suitable synonym.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Jan 17, 2012,
Quote by girlgerms007

Even if he's homeless? I see no intregrity lost if he would've kept the money seeing as how he's living on the street with what I assume not a dollar in the pocket whatsoever.
With that money he might very well be able to change his life and in the coming future pay back either this specific owner of the money or society in general.
What a great man. If only every person took a leaf from his book. God bless him
Gear:

Electric Guitars:
Squier Bullet Strat
Ibanez RG350MDX
Gibson SG

Acoustic Guitars:
Tanglewood Roadster

Pedals:
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Crybaby Classic

Amp:
Vox VT40 Plus Valvetronix

R.I.P Cobain, Burton, Dio, Bonham, Mercury
Quote by frankv
Who the hell carries €7000 around and then forgets it somewhere?

This.

Quote by girlgerms007

And this. I now have proof that there is still good, honest people out there and I admire his principles.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Jan 17, 2012,
Quote by stealstrings
This.

And this. I now have proof that there is still good, honest people out there and I admire his principles.

What if those principles are what's going to kill him? Would the action still be the right one?
Quote by Skiny boy89
What a great man. If only every person took a leaf from his book. God bless him

I'm sure that'll keep him warm and fed.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Ahhh, a really nice change from all of the shitty news that keeps coming up here

Even though a lot of you say he should've kept it, I think that guy is a great, true and honest person. Many should learn a lesson from him
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
What if those principles are what's going to kill him? Would the action still be the right one?

Yes it would....
Quote by stealstrings
Yes it would....

Oh right. He ends up with God then. lol
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Quote by JohnnyGenzale

He ends up being honourable.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Quote by girlgerms007
He ends up being honourable.

I'm sure his honour keeps him warm and well fed.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
I'm sure his honour keeps him warm and well fed.

This basically.

Yes, honour and doing the right is always desireable to an extent. But this guy is homeless, living in the street and has no money, job or food. I don't think his first priority should be to be honourable in such a situation.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
This basically.

Yes, honour and doing the right is always desireable to an extent. But I'd prefer if he had taken the money and sorted out his life. Whoever could blame him for doing that is a dick.

So you would only do the right thing if it suits you?

EDIT:
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
This basically.

Yes, honour and doing the right is always desireable to an extent. But this guy is homeless, living in the street and has no money, job or food. I don't think his first priority should be to be honourable in such a situation.

He's not living in the street. He's staying at a homeless shelter. Read the article properly.
Last edited by stealstrings at Jan 17, 2012,
Quote by Maxico
Honour is a better friend than cynism.

What is cynical about wanting the homeless man to keep the money and sort out his life rather than him returning the money to a guy who didn't even notice he was missing 7000 dollars?

Quote by stealstrings

I don't live on the street and I have a job/school to go to and have food, heat and money. I don't have a reason to think of myself in such a situation. I've come over a couple of wallets last summer, it didn't strike me even for a second to keep either of them.

If I however lived on the street and found some money I would keep it to be able to feed myself and hopefully keep myself warm.

And to answer your question with a statement. I believe in doing what suits the society the most and I believe he could pull himself out of the streets by keeping the money and in the future pay back to society with a lot more than what he kept.
Quote by Maxico
Honour is a better friend than cynism.

And being able to feed yourself, and buy a warm coat so you neither starve nor freeze is better than honour.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Who cares about the honour of a homeless man. When he's death he can't really enjoy having this honour and the rest of the world will have forgotten him tomorrow.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by stealstrings

EDIT:

He's not living in the street. He's staying at a homeless shelter. Read the article properly.

Oh my golly. By all means then. He's obviously well off.

I do admire him but I do believe he should've used the money on himself to give himself an easier life and possibly be able to find a job and pull himself out of there. Honour is not going to save him from dying.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
What is cynical about wanting the homeless man to keep the money and sort out his life rather than him returning the money to a guy who didn't even notice he was missing 7000 dollars?

I don't live on the street and I have a job/school to go to and have food, heat and money. I don't have a reason to think of myself in such a situation. I've come over a couple of wallets last summer, it didn't strike me even for a second to keep either of them.

If I however lived on the street and found some money I would keep it to be able to feed myself and hopefully keep myself warm.

And to answer your question with a statement. I believe in doing what suits the society the most and I believe he could pull himself out of the streets by keeping the money and in the future pay back to society with a lot more than what he kept.

He doesn't live on the streets.

He had been staying at a homeless shelter and hostel for recovering alcoholics

But yeah ok. That's what you would do and you have every right to live your life how you want to.