hi..i m an intermediate guitarist..i hav been playin d acoustic for 3-4 years nw. Nw i m planin to buy an electric guitar. i m a metal fan wid IRON MAIDEN bein my fav band. bt i also play pink floyd nd eric clapton. Cud u guys plz sugest a good guitar for me..? i m ready to spend upto 500 $. i ws thinkin of buyin d ibanez xf350 falchion. is it a gud buy.? if nt den plz sugest anodr.

thnx in advance
I'd post this in the Electric Guitar section instead of Guitar Techniques, you'll get more useful (and more overall) responses there.
Quote by anjansahu
Hi, I'm an intermediate guitarist and have been playing the acoustic for 3-4 years now. I'm now planning on buying an electric guitar. I am a metal fan, and Iron Maiden are my favorite band, however I also play music by Pink Floyd and Eric Clapton. Could you guys please suggest a good guitar for me? I'm ready to spend up to $500. I was thinking of buying the Ibanez XF350 Falchion - is it a good buy? If not, then please suggest another.

Thanks in advance

Fixed, you might get more responses if you write coherent posts.

If you're a Maiden fan, you'd probably be better off with a guitar with single coil pickups if you want to match their tone (or one with a single/humbucker push/pull pot switch). This will also be more suitable for Pink Floyd/Eric Clapton. You like metal and stuff like Pink Floyd, but your favorite metal band happens to be one of the few (it seems) that uses guitars with single coil pickups!
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
Last edited by llBlackenedll at Jan 17, 2012,
Quote by anjansahu
hi..i m an intermediate guitarist..i hav been playin d acoustic for 3-4 years nw. Nw i m planin to buy an electric guitar. i m a metal fan wid IRON MAIDEN bein my fav band. bt i also play pink floyd nd eric clapton. Cud u guys plz sugest a good guitar for me..? i m ready to spend upto 500 $. i ws thinkin of buyin d ibanez xf350 falchion. is it a gud buy.? if nt den plz sugest anodr.

thnx in advance

I would help.....If I could read your post. Learn to spell, or get off the forums. I have neither the time, nor the patience to decipher your post.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
lolwut???
my gear:

italia maranello speedster 1

vox ac4

yamaha delay

electro harmonix little big muff

freshman apollo electro acoustic

dunlop cry baby wah

epiphone acoustic
Maiden on a strat?!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Maiden on a strat?!

i see what you did there
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com