Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a speaker cab soon/or build one.
MY options are:
1. Eminence-red coat loaded 1x12
2. An 2x12 cab but only one speaker installed (eminence red coat)
3. A Laney 4x12 (LX412). Its got Rocket 50s in it.
What do you think would be my best choice?
I play hard rock, classic rock, classic metal, a tiny bit of modern stuff through a JCA22h.
Thanks.
What about a Harley benton g212 vintage loaded with celestion vintage 30s? It's amazing for the price (€178)
Where do you live?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
^ +1

and what's the budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Of the options you listed, get the 2nd one and load up the 2nd speaker later when you have more money.
Quote by dax96
Location-India
Budget- 300 USD approx

i'd go with the 2x12 and load with the another speaker when you get the cash. i like 1x12's, but if you play harder music you'll want the extra speaker headroom and projection area of a 2x12. plus a 2x12 allows you to mix 2 different speakers to help fill out your tone more.

there is a billion people in your country, far from a back water society, is it hard to get guitar gear there? do you live in the country, away from cities?

i mean, aussies are on a island dessert surrounded by killer jellyfish, and they have a population less than Texas so i could understand why they can't get gear but i'd think India would have a fairly good music equipment market.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jan 17, 2012,
The equipment available in the country is either extremely low end or very high end. No medium-range stuff available. On one end we got people with Spiders, MGs, Cubes and the other end are the guys with JCM800s, 6505s, maybe even a Soldano, Bogner or Axe-Fx.
I'm guessing the 2x12 is my best bet.
Is the Laney LX412 really bad?

EDIT: I almost forgot. Customs and duties is around 40%, shipping prices are high, so prices are almost doubled.
Last edited by dax96 at Jan 18, 2012,
Quote by gumbilicious
i'd go with the 2x12 and load with the another speaker when you get the cash. i like 1x12's, but if you play harder music you'll want the extra speaker headroom and projection area of a 2x12. plus a 2x12 allows you to mix 2 different speakers to help fill out your tone more.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes, the LX is the solid state line's cab. And Rocket 50s are pretty bland...

Go with the 2x12 and load it up with another speaker later on.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals