So I've been playing around with new tunings and my friend always leaves his acoustic guitar in D tuning and keeps the capo on the 2nd fret so that it is in E and he doesnt have to tune down to D. I found this helpful when we played a gig and didnt need to tune. Now I leave one electric in C tuning with the capo on the 4th just to play with different tunings. Now I was wondering if there was some sort of capo out there that could hold down only the bottom 5 strings so that I can play in drop tunings without tuning also. I just though it would be cool if a capo like that existed. Anyone know of one that could do that?
i'm like....98% positive i've seen a drop string capo before, and it is made to do just that, cover all but the low string, i don't know for sure though. i know that there are partial capos but they are made to cover the bottom strings and leave the top 3 or 4 open.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by Scavenger_1994
You could use the same capo but upside down.

It slips and bends the strings so that it sounds of pitch and eventually falls off .-.
Quote by gerraguitar
i'm like....98% positive i've seen a drop string capo before, and it is made to do just that, cover all but the low string, i don't know for sure though. i know that there are partial capos but they are made to cover the bottom strings and leave the top 3 or 4 open.

Alright thanks! Do you know of any that can cover a select amount of strings? You know, like an instant DADGAD sort of thing?
You can, but unless you actually tune the string you only get access to the notes, not the shapes.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
You can, but unless you actually tune the string you only get access to the notes, not the shapes.

Right... Just realized that... Unless... I get like 3 more capos
Quote by xXusaspartansXx
Yeah! I saw that on amazon but had mostly bad reviews such as the intonation being off and things like that...

One more time.

http://www.partialcapo.com/index.htm
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
if you just need a drop tuning you can cut the rubber pad off any capo so it doesn't hit the bottom string
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by xXusaspartansXx
Yeah! I saw that on amazon but had mostly bad reviews such as the intonation being off and things like that...

its impossible for a guitar to ever have perfect intonation. its just the nature of how a guitar is made. the only way to get perfect intonation is to have the frets different distances for each string (steve vai has this on some of his guitars)

but for a capo that u can make a ton of different tunings with, that would be your best bet.