Long story short, I repainted my guitar. My father said we could resolder it, so we did. But, none of the pickups were working... and suffice to say the wires are all fubard. I think that, I couldnt fix back to 100% again, and i should have a shop do it. The things im considering though, is that my backup guitar I have is... well, a lot better. And my peavey Nitro is a lot better too... I dont really need 3 guitars, and I dont think paying 50+ dollars to fix it is worth it anyway. Its an Ibanez GRX40. I think, maybe I could get something out of it if I just strip the paint off and try to sell it as a body. its an alder body, and ive seen them on allparts sell for about 75.
But the neck got some paint on it from my amateur job, so i think it may be worthless (paint from my fingers on the fretboard)
Trash it, sell it, or perhaps make it custom job "test dummy"?
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Fix it. Cheapest.

Take a picture of the wiring and let s know stuff like #of pickups, volume and tone pot config, etc.
Its a S/S/H style and its got tone and volume knobs with a 5 way switch. Output on the side.

Did you guys just start clipping wires that were in the way or did you d-solder them at the solder points? I would turn it into a custom job. You most likely won't get much out of any of the parts you have,tbh. So turn it into a labor of love and make something you enjoy playing and looking at. Something your proud of.

And you can find schematics all over the net. It's shouldn't be too hard to get her up and playing again.
Check all the less obvious connections. Like the input Jack, pup switch. Stuff comes loose... good luck!
Actually, i didnt remove anything. I took the pickguard off before i stripped it, and all the wires just came undone at the output.

Quote by Iblis92
all the wires just came undone at the output.

Frigajig! That's not great.

If I were you 'd use it as a reasearch project, something you can repair as and when you fancy it, and at the same time learn how to solder pickups and pots etc, as well as painting the body.